- Sector: Human Resources
- Expiry Date: 19 October 2022
- Job Ref: J7530
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
The HR M&A team is looking for someone who is passionate about creating a best in class experience for acquired employees. You will have an eye for detail and can manage multiple acquisitions at once while actively seeking out ways to better improve our M&A approach. You are someone who can influence others at all levels of seniority and brings their whole self to work. You are someone who rolls their sleeves up and gets work done and thinks two steps ahead.
You will report into the Head of HR, M&A and work collaboratively across the M&A ecosystem and HR community to make sure employees are successfully integrated into Access systems, processes and culture.
We are on a journey in making Access an acquirer of choice and would love to hear from folks up for the challenge!
Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead comprehensive internal due diligence process in collaboration with Head of People, M&A
- Create, execute and keep others accountable to rigorous HR integration plans across several acquisitions at once
- Lead job mapping of acquired roles into Access job architecture including job evaluation and cost analysis
- Lead contract harmonisation and alignment process across all acquired workforce
- Lead and advise on complex ER issues
- Lead headcount savings and synergy realisation contributing to the deal Value Creation Plan (VCP)
- Collaborate across geographies, business units and functions to ensure smooth transition for all M&A integration activities, leveraging HR M&A subject matter expertise
- Mentor team members to help prioritise, flex and pivot workload dependent upon deal volume and integration timelines
- Drive excellent employee experience by creating, managing and executing simple communications and change management initiatives
- Translate strategy into milestone-based efforts and escalates relevant issues to leadership
- Lead employee briefing and training sessions to onboard acquired employees into Access culture and ways of working
- Guide senior leadership (Access and acquired) along HR integration journey to ensure alignment in strategy and key messages and behaviours
- Create credibility and builds trust across functional integration leads, keeping team updated on key HR dependencies and risks to integration
Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication, negotiation, problem solving and relationship building skills.
- Advanced knowledge of M&A deal life cycle and of wide range of HR principles, processes, and technology
- Experience working cross-functionally, understanding complex matrixed organisations, and implementing best-in-class integration practices
- Excellent programme management skills, executing against tight timelines
- Ability to perform in an ambiguous, fast paced tech environment and make transformative decisions quickly and against competing priorities.
- Ability to influence, problem solve and successfully collaborate and communicate across all levels.
- Ability to flux between pragmatic and strategic thinking, taking into account a variety of external and changing factors
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- 5 Wellbeing days
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.