- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 24 September 2021
- Job Ref: J3926
.NET Full Stack Developer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we are looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It is this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We are passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That is why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
This position is for a C# ASP.NET Full stack developer to be part of an existing team in the Payments division, working on Access Payments.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company.
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures development standards are established, known, and followed within agile team.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk, and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria.
- Analyse, identify, and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools.
- Identify, compartmentalise, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability.
- Contribution towards effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches.
- Ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
As a well-rounded Full Stack ASP.NET Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- C# ASP.NET Core
- REST Web API,
- LINQ, Entity Framework, Dapper,
- Dependency Injection,
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc…
- T-SQL – Writing performant T-SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
- VSCode, Visual Studio 2019
- Git-based Source Control
- Automated Build (CI) and Deployments (CD) using Azure DevOps
- Knowledge would also be desirable in the following – TDD, DDD, TypeScript.
- Strong understanding of modern cloud software architectural principles and product integration.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
Great Holliday Package ( starting form 25 )
Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
7 Card Sport Allowance
Become part of our amazing Access family!