- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 06 August 2021
- Job Ref: J3577
Managing UX across our Workspace division, you will work closely with our agile teams distributed across the UK, to help implement a unified user experience across our extensive & diverse portfolio of SaaS solutions on the Access Workspace platform and on mobile.
Working as part of an ambitious UX team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of our transformation into the next stage of design maturity at Access.
We are looking for a collaborative team player, well versed in using design thinking and Lean UX principles to delight our users, making their working lives more productive and enjoyable.
The ideal candidate will be working within a similar position currently and have sound, demonstrable commercial experience of working on SaaS products on desktop platforms.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work closely with Product, Development, Customer Success, Support and Marketing to drive and implement UX strategy across your division.
- Identify and deliver key projects and initiatives based on your research and collaborative work with the wider team.
- Maintain a roadmap for UX initiatives, working in partnership with your Product teams to deliver valuable improvements to our Legal solutions.
- Plan and lead a wide range of UX activities such as designs, prototypes, personas, user journeys, experience maps, wireframes, conceptual ideas and information architecture artefacts to help the business understand the patterns, best practices and execution plans required to deliver great experiences.
- Participate in and facilitate design sprints and workshops with team members and stakeholders from your division
- Initiate engagement with users through field studies, user groups, research projects and other UX activities.
- Validate designs iteratively within the wider design team and with other stakeholders, including domain experts, remote participants and end users, using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Collaborate with the Development & Product Management teams to influence product backlogs and roadmaps with proposals to further improve the overall user-experience of our solutions.
- Work with developers to convey and evaluate design all the way through implementation, keeping a constant and open communication channel to ensure products are delivered to the highest standard.
- Support the wider team in the common goal of providing a cohesive user experience across our full suite, by maintaining and contributing to our comprehensive set of design standards, guides and design patterns.
As a well-rounded UX Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experienced as mid/senior UX designer as a generalist or specialist with a good grasp of the rest of the UX stack
- Skilled in conducting a wide range of user research activities
- Committed to quality and best practice, with a sharp eye for detail
- A highly motivated self-starter ready to own the role and run with it
- Capable of balancing user needs against technical and budgetary constraints
- Passionate, enthusiastic and driven
- Well organised in a fast-paced environment, with tight timescales and changing priorities.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical skills with results of both qualitative and quantitative research.
- An excellent communicator at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach
- A team player, helping others to solve problems and improve their work.
- Mature with a positive attitude, and be able to appreciate the complex needs and demands of different teams to help us reach our common goals
- Humble, resilient and willing to learn and grow through new ideas and perspectives.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain