- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 25 March 2021
- Job Ref: J2974
At Access we love software and the fact that technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
You have a strong background and experience in either building, implementing or using Finance systems. You understand the business needs of a Finance team and the benefits software solutions can deliver.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will play a vital role working within the ERP Divisional Product Management team and be a key contributor to the successful execution of the product line strategic vision.
You will have a good technical understanding and an ability to engage with a technical audience, as well as product knowledge and experience.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work within the product team to gather business requirements and translate into meaningful development needs.
- Be the representative within multiple Development teams for the Product team.
- Work collaboratively with other teams and stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are managed, and issues and risks are communicated.
- Be the primary liaison person, working with the product management and architecture teams, to understand the technologies required to meet the business requirements and provide a holistic view of the challenges, potential solutions and be able to make well-informed recommendations
- Work collaboratively with the Product Manager to define and drive the product roadmap
- Have a sound appreciation and understanding of SaaS software principles
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to a range of audiences, including key stakeholders and other divisional product and technology teams
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the correct functionality is created from the prioritised business cases and requirements
- Understand and follow technical trends in the industry. Be able to assess emerging products and companies and make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the products
- Initiate and support engagement with clients through Special Interest Groups, User Groups and other events
- Pro-actively engage in agile development activities: scrums, planning and estimating sessions, workshops, and stakeholder development demonstrations where required
- Maintain effective communication between customers, business and technical stakeholders in the project so and ensure risks and issues are managed effectively
- Ensure that all changes to requirements are well-thought through, implications considered, discussed with all relevant stakeholders, sized appropriately, implemented and tested
As a well-rounded Technical Product Manager your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach
- Previous experience of working on SaaS software essential
- Strong Technical appreciation and natural curiosity/understanding of how software works at the macro level
- Understand different methods of software integration and their application to different use case scenarios
- Able to work with remote teams where necessary
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically whilst achieving results in immediate area of responsibility
- Have strong technical knowledge. A technical background is essential
- Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own and within a team
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- A commitment to quality
- Be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment where priorities can change
- Commercially aware with an understanding of drivers of commercial performance
- Sound team development skills, able to manage a high performing team
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain