Service Operation Centre (SOC) Engineer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are the type of person who is happy to help customers in such a way as to build their skills, increase their efficiency and enhance their enjoyment of using the systems you support. You must be a highly organised and disciplined person with a passion for Information Technology.
A passion for providing exceptional customer service is a must and the personal drive to deliver service that exceeds the expectation of the end user through a positive, well organised and structured work ethic.
The right candidate will be provided with all the support necessary to succeed in this role and to develop their career within Access UK Ltd.
Due to the nature of the work involved, you will be working a shift rotation to cover the support hours of 24x7. Regular travel to remote offices may also be required. Stays in hotels for on-site projects may also to be expected.
This is a highly technical role and involves close working with staff, management and IT technicians alike in a positive and co-operative way to bring about a collective service delivery. Consequently, the need to work on your own initiative is also an important requirement.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Play a pivotal role within a team of skilled and dedicated likeminded individuals working in our service operations centre (SOC), monitor and maintain computer systems and network/Infrastructure to ensure maximum possible availability and performance,
• Monitor and investigate the performance and capacity of computer systems and assess the situation and determine the tactical steps forward - key driver
• Take ownership of incidents, escalate and manage through to resolution.
• Provide technical support via our Service Desk system for a wide range of external and internal applications, Operating Systems, virtual environments and hardware and achieve team SLA’s
• Acting as the 1st point of contact 24x7 in delivering the best possible technical support to our customers and internal user base to key SLA targets.
• Communication with all areas of the business including -
o Service notifications and service failure updates
o Escalation to senior technicians and managers
As a well-rounded SOC Technician, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Good experience working with VMware vSphere 6.5 or higher, working towards VCP certification if not already certified
• Experience with enterprise server and associated hardware technology
• Experience of Virtual environment backup systems (Veeam desirable)
• SAN administration experience (particularly NetApp / EqualLogic)
• Good understanding of network and firewall principles
• Load balancer awareness and/or experience
• Good Windows and/or Linux Server system administration skills
• Familiarity with good practice monitoring and patching activities
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work to Service SLAs and Support targets
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference. In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain