- Sector: Professional Services
- Expiry Date: 26 August 2022
- Job Ref: J7175
*Remote working with occasional days in an office
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
Reporting into Renewals Manager, the Renewals Specialist will be responsible for improving customer renewal rates of an assigned territory and ARR customer base, through improved and longer commercial relationships with customers. The key measures of success of the role include increasing customer renewal rates, standardising renewal terms and increasing contract lengths, net retention/customer expansion rates and enhancing the customer experience across Access divisions. This will be driven through the Renewals management function and by working cohesively with the Account Management, CSM, Development, Finance and Legal teams within the company. This role extends across the 30k+ existing customers at Access and the customers of multiple acquisitions and we expect it to grow 3x over the next 4-5 years. The role requires strong customer focus with commercial acumen, analytical mindset and strong relationship building skills, so as to maintain a highly scalable renewals engine and program playbook.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Renewal revenue quota: Responsibility for Access Software maintenance and cloud subscription renewal contracts, revenue, and renewal rates for assigned territory and customers.
- Transactional sales: This sales role is highly transactional, with hundreds of renewals to collect quarterly.
- Increasing the renewal rate: Ensuring high renewal rates and can speak to the value Access Software will bring to organizations by understanding strong product positioning and pipeline management skills. Collaboration across the organization to develop strategies, retain existing client base and maximize revenue growth.
- Pipeline management: Tightly manage the renewal sales cycle including selling against cancellations, churn avoidance and updating the CRM system according to documented processes.
- Forecasting: Awareness and accuracy of pipeline; comfortable with accurately maintaining a forecast of all renewals within assigned territory.
- Customer check‐ins: You will periodically check in with large customers throughout their contract period to ensure the health and adoption, with a focus on driving an improved customer experience throughout the lifecycle.
- High sales activities: High‐volume of outbound and emails each and every week, as part of annual renewal process. In addition, identifying potential upsell opportunities within an account.
- Access product knowledge: Strong understanding of Access Software products, with the ability to identify upsell opportunities including training and services to ensure customer success
- Background in software renewals preferred
- Previous experience in Sales and Customer Success/Maintenance Renewals.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Able to evidence of strong resilience and objection handling
- Strong communication skills. Provide excellent customer service at all times
- A True Team Player. Strong collaborator and communicator, both to customer and to internal teams including all on the account management team.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent time-management skills to prioritise actions in a fast-moving environment (“Done today better than perfect tomorrow”).
- Concise and focused communication style (written and verbal).
- Able to have immediate credibility with peers at board level.
- Unquestioned integrity and superior communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to successfully multi-task
- Strong Power user skills in Excel and/or Tableau and SFDC.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.