- Sector: Marketing
- Expiry Date: 16 January 2022
- Job Ref: J5016
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 55,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
The Product Marketing Manager will lead the identification and execution of key product and marketing initiatives that will grow the Access ERP business. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, APAC, you will craft compelling messaging and positioning for our strategic products and launch new ERP solutions. In conjunction with Product Management, Group Marketing and Global Product Marketing, you will conceive and develop innovative marketing collateral and sales tools for product positioning, sales enablement, and product launch strategies based upon best in class value proposition creation. This will support the demand generation efforts of the Marketing team and improve the effectiveness of the Sales process to ensure sales success. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into compelling customer benefits are crucial. In your role championing Product Marketing you will be an expert in our target audience, their buying behaviour and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. The role will be a varied in content and individuals will be required to think and plan strategically as well as execute tactically, be flexible and multi skilled and undertake everything from stakeholder management, strategic product planning, campaign management to turning round web copy in 15 minutes.
- In collaboration with the Marketing team, ensure your portfolio of existing and new products achieve the ERP portfolio pipeline targets through innovative and well executed product marketing initiatives
- Identify cross sell opportunities for your products within other markets and produce business cases and plans to execute appropriate product marketing initiatives
- Develop product propositions, positioning and messaging for customers and prospects which create impact competitive advantage for our products in their market
- Sales enablement – deliver the value proposition of the products to the sales teams and develop collateral and sales tools that support the selling process of the portfolio to help improve conversion rates
- Marketing campaigns – deliver the right knowledge and assets to marketing colleagues that enable them to create and execute appropriate and powerful lead generation campaigns including relevant thought leadership materials
- Strategic go to market planning – work with your go-to-market management team to design the optimum go to market approach for each new product
- Product launch – coordinate the planning of new product launches and releases, manage the cross-functional readiness of the business to handle the new product and deliver and execute the product marketing aspects of the launch including all sales enablement and coordination with marketing
- Champion the voice of the customer and the central product proposition in all planning and execution forums to ensure our product marketing remains relevant and compelling, together with understanding and driving how we achieve competitive advantage in our chosen markets
- Orchestrate and communicate the optimum customer journey for each new product and assess opportunities to refine the customer experience for existing core products
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our competition and how to win against them; be the expert on communicating this information to key stakeholders internally
- Customer Advocacy – work with the Marketing Shared Services and Sales team to develop customer success stories and collateral to help increase the velocity of leads through the sales pipeline and ensure a high win rate
- Proven experience in software product marketing, product management or presales experience, preferably in b2b software products
- Experience of or demonstrable understanding of complex business to business operational processes or Finance functions
- Have demonstrable and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and translate technical information into business benefits
- Clear track record and understanding of solution-based marketing communications and product marketing.
- Experienced and highly skilled public speaker with exceptional, oral and written communication skills, including demonstrable skill at selling a vision and a way of working to sales teams
- Demonstrated self-starter with an ability to manage and motivate other team members
- Experience managing the strategy, roadmap and go-to- market development of SaaS solutions is strong plus
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, customers and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Ability to motivate and influence senior management, and convince them of the value of specific product marketing initiatives and justify the investment and direction needed
- A team player but has the ability to lead a cross functional team, particularly under time and resource pressure
- Open to new ideas and continual improvement, but also experienced at negotiating the best way forward within a culture still learning how best to use product marketing to its best advantage
- Comfortable managing multiple projects with tight deadlines and running big strategic projects with challenging or short deadlines
- Demonstrated experience of designing and executing strong product propositions
- Demonstrated experience of designing and implementing successful product launch and lead generation campaigns using a wide variety of media and mediums
- Inbound marketing experience
- Naturally energetic and passionate about your products
- Adaptable and flexible and thrive in an agile and dynamic environment with strong project management skills
- Demonstrable ability to balance high quality strategic thinking, coordination of a cross functional team, resolving issues and blockages while at the same time delivering and executing product marketing tasks
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years Product Marketing, Product Management or Pre-sales experience, ideally gained within IT services or B2B software
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven experience leading project teams and multiple stakeholders within multi-division and matrixed structures
- Domain expertise with enterprise application software, cloud computing / SaaS business solutions
- Experience of finance software systems, strongly desired
- Reputation as a thought leader, awareness of technology trends and external influencers
- Strategic thinking and the confidence and drive to self-determine their focus and how they invest their time
- High degree of product marketing technical expertise and business acumen with a demonstrable track record of execution and the ability to take teams and stakeholders on a robust and appropriate product marketing journey for each initiative
- Ability to set clear and deliverable goals. Demonstrate tenacity, commitment to deliver and be accountable for results
- Strong influencer, effective communicator, ability to convey vision
This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Marketing professional looking to make their next career move.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for y