- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 09 July 2021
- Job Ref: J3396
24/7 Operations Team Leader
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company. Are you ready for the challenge?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 2 million users and over 45,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
This role is working within our Hosting Division, Access Cloud, delivering hosted infrastructure, managed & SaaS application services to thousands of customers.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, as an Operations Centre Team Leader, you will play a key role managing the Operations Centre Team who administer and support infrastructure platforms (public, private and hybrid clouds) and BaaS/DRaaS services to support the business and Access customer base, ensuring that all systems remain available, operate efficiently and are service performant on a 24/7 basis.
Working closely with Senior Systems Engineers, you will be exposed to hands on, platform and hypervisor implementation, management and troubleshooting together associated systems support.
You will need to apply your knowledge of compute, hypervisor, storage, backup and replication solutions to ensure best practice configuration, performance and security. This is an ideal role for someone with technical background but wants to move into a managerial position, but also carries a strong need for service and SLA orientated thinking with a customer first mentality.
- Proactively handle technical problems, incidents and service requests, change requests and their resolutions via tickets and calls in our ITIL compliant ITSM solution FreshService.
- Perform Datacentre / infrastructure platform installations i.e. physical hardware, cabling and power including its post-deployment administration, monitoring and ongoing support;
- Deploy system patches and upgrades based on vender supported matrices and recommendations, continually looking to optimise these BAU processes.
- Improve platform visibility and availability by ensuring systems, services and thresholds are correctly monitored and any issue alerted is resolved quickly and correctly.
- Work closely with Principal & Senior Systems engineers to ensure platforms remain optimised and performant, you will conduct log analysis and follow audit trails to understand root causes of issues and implement improvements.
- Innovate recommendations for operational efficiencies and working practices including automation.
- Carry out technical and operations standards and procedures, maintain and update technical documentation.
- Participate in the on-call rota.
- Good experience working with VMware vSphere 6.5 or higher, working towards VCP certification if not already certified
- Experience with enterprise server and associated hardware technology (Cisco blade compute technologies advantageous)
- Experience of Virtual environment backup systems (Veeam desirable)
- SAN administration experience (particularly NetApp / EqualLogic)
- Good understanding of network and firewall principles
- Load balancer awareness and/or experience
- Good Windows and/or Linux Server system administration skills
- Familiarity with good practice monitoring and patching activities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work to Service SLAs and Support targets
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.