What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- Do you have a can-do positive attitude to deliver and are comfortable working in a high tempo environment?
- Are you a team player who can support others and be able to take on support when offered? Do you thrive on challenge and want to make a difference?
- Do you like installing, testing, and using software?
- Do you want to learn about new product interfaces, help design how they fit into an Access solution, and ensure the interfaces consistently work?
- Are you an experienced and very successful QA/IT Consultant/Developer/ Test Engineer ready for the next step?
- Do you want to join an expanding dynamic team, that punches well above its weight?
About the role:
- You will become a key member of the Strategic team, reporting to the head of Solutions architecture, ensuring that the interfaces our solutions deliver are documented and tested and help our Customers achieve the expected benefits of an interfaced solution.
- This is a non-billable role, focussed entirely on improving the quality of Access interfaced solutions.
- You will help design, build, test, and be responsible for a suitable hosted testing environment for interfaced solutions. Focussing initially on the Health and Social care solution currently deployed by the Strategic team, but later expanding to cover many other product interfaces.
- You will provide additional support to the Product/Development teams when required to help their QA/testing process.
- The role will be primarily Office/Home based, but you may be expected to occasionally meet/discuss with Customers about their experience of using Access Interfaces and help to drive future enhancements with the Product / Development teams.
Day-to-day, you will:
- The initial task of this role, is to build a testing area for our solutions, this will initially be in the customer facing environment, but then a secondary testing area will be built in Pre-Production.
- You will be responsible for the testing and quality of interfaced solutions.
- You will create new and enhance existing testing scripts to ensure the quality of product interfaces, and test that are working as described in the Solution Catalogue.
- You will help review changes in the Solution Catalogue and test that all interfaces meet the certification criteria, and feeding back any quality issues to Product/Development where issues are found.
- You will work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and take on ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
As a well-rounded Interface Test Engineer your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Have worked in consultancy/Product Development/ QA for at least 2 years.
- Experience in multiple product engagements.
- Have natural ability for working in a team.
- Have a good level of technical experience required for product implementation.
- Have a good level of real world experience to understand the proposed solutions.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- An opportunity to enjoy The Access Group Big Break: on the years the Board sanction it, our Access funded long weekend break to Spain.