Back to Job Search
.NET Fullstack Software Engineer
- Location: Timişoara
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 7 days ago
- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 14 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8039
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- An exciting opportunity to join a growing development team as a .NET full stack developer working on one of our core SaaS products.
- Reporting to the Development Team Lead, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of roadmap features and technical enhancements to a high standard of quality and help to enforce good engineering processes and practices within the team.
Experience developing and deploying Enterprise SaaS solutions with awareness of Azure, AWS or similar platforms
- You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do.
- You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team.
- You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment.
- You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
- Write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read.
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes.
- Analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary.
- Environment management, management and automation of deployments, understanding and administering of development toolchain.
- Support the team's sprint deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies and basic risk management.
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
Helps to ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
As a well-rounded Developer, you will:
- Be able to communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience. Able to communicate and collaborate with other teams.
- Provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps and potential areas of confusion.
- Write clear & self-documenting code, organise methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
- Follow pre-defined source control procedure, committing and merging code, dealing with conflicts. Able to perform some non-standard procedures in terms of source control.
- Efficiently prove the source of defects and demonstrate unit tests and integration testing for eventual pathways following the proposed fix. Can use existing telemetry to identify bugs in running application.
- Have good working knowledge of build and deployment process, able to troubleshoot a broken build / deployment, provide a post-mortem and suggest improvements going forward. Understand holistic solution, bidirectional dependencies, and able to raise project related risks during development.
- Play an active role in sprint planning and management. Make recommendations in planning in terms of capacity, priorities, risks or blockers. Help drive the planning process, ensuring that everything can be 'done' within a sprint, according to the team's Definition of Done.
- Have a good understanding of QA best practice, including: impact of branch/merge approach on QA, role of source code management & environment/deployment management, requirements analysis and cost of defects. Collaborative approach with QA to find defects as early as possible.
- Contribute to the setting up of the development environment (provisioning, reflection of production, understanding of Use Cases for environments). Have good knowledge of the systems and how the different services interact and their dependencies. Understand how production & environments work, how systems are administered.
- Be aware of trending design patterns in the technologies they work in, able to select the best design pattern for the job in hand and articulate to others why this has been chosen.
- Build good product knowledge and understand the value of any development
- Regularly take ownership for team retrospectives and goals
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you.
Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all diff erent. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.