- Sector: Professional Services
- Expiry Date: 29 June 2022
- Job Ref: J6235
Commercial Renewals Manager
*Remote with occasional office days!
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
The Renewals Manager reports to our Renewals Director and is responsible for improving customer renewal rates across a £400m+ ARR customer, improving commercial relationships with customers. This includes hiring and leading a team of Renewals Specialists that will drive improved commercial terms across our customer base at scale. The key measures of success of the role include net retention, customer expansion and improved customer renewal experience. This will be driven through the Renewals management function and by working cohesively with the Account Management, CSM, Development, Finance and Legal teams within Access. This role extends across a large group of existing customers and the customers of multiple acquisitions and we expect it to grow 3x over the next 4-5 years. The role requires a strong commercial focus, analytical mindset, relationship building and people leadership skills so as to maintain a highly scalable renewals engine and program playbook that all divisions and geographies will adopt and benefit from.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Renewal revenue quota: Responsibility for Access Software maintenance and cloud subscription renewal contracts, revenue, and renewal rates for assigned territory.
- Transactional sales: This renewal role is highly transactional, with hundreds of renewals to close quarterly.
- Increasing our retention rates. Collaborating across the organization to develop strategies to retain our existing client base to maximize revenue growth.
- Renewal pipeline management: Tightly manage the renewal cycle with an always evolving 18-month outlook and plan that enables the team to exceed targets.
- Forecasting: Awareness and accuracy of renewal pipeline; comfortably with accurately maintaining a forecast of all renewals within assigned territory.
- Customer check‐ins: You will periodically check in with large customers throughout their contract period to ensure the health and adoption of the account, whilst leading the Renewals Specialist team to scale this across lower value customers, with a focus on driving an improved customer experience.
- High renewals activities: High‐volume of outbound and emails each and every week, as part of annual renewal process. In addition, identifying potential upsell opportunities within an account.
- Access product knowledge: Strong understanding of Access Software products, with the ability to identify upsell opportunities including training and services to ensure customer success.
- Build and manage a team of renewal specialists
- Background in software renewals preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales and Customer Success/Maintenance Renewals.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, be resourceful, and stay motivated though ambiguity.
- Able to evidence of strong resilience and objection handling
- Strong leadership, communication. Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Able to inspire the team achieving consistently results through excellence
- A True Team Player. Strong collaborator and communicator, both to customer and to internal teams including all on the account management team.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent time-management skills to prioritise actions in a fast-moving environment (“Done today better than perfect tomorrow”).
- Concise and focused communication style (written and verbal).
- Able to have immediate credibility with peers at board level (not having to grow into the role).
- Unquestioned integrity, good leadership skills, a focused but open management style, superior communication skills
- Ability to make decisions in complex and ambiguous situations
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to successfully multi-task
- Strong Power user skills in Excel and/or Tableau and SFDC.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.