Back to Job Search
Business Analyst - Renewals
- Location: Sydney
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted about 1 month ago
- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 27 May 2023
- Job Ref: J8998
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who shre our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
About the role:
Renewals and recurring revenue are an integral part to access success as a company, and the Senior Customer Business Analyst is a key player in executing the proper measures to ensure existing customers renew their services. As part of the Finance Team the Senior Customer Business Analyst works closely with various functional groups and levels of management to determine and negotiate pricing and terms.
The right candidate must have strong quantitative skills and attention to detail to track, analyse, and process large amounts of data, as well as the qualitative skills to interact internally, build positive relationships, and provide world class service to customers.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Proactively monitor, identify risk points, and track and resolve customer issues to drive renewals. Be aware of issues that might cause customers to not want to renew and highlight these and work with the relevant teams to resolve these promptly
- Proactively work with cross-functional teams to determine renewal amounts and terms. Work closely with the Product Marketing team to understand the underlying principles of pricing and its impact on revenue and work with the Marketing team to manage communications to customers.
- Ensure accuracy of a high volume of customer data and manage and maintain the Contract and Billing database
- Track status of renewal commitments and proactively follow up with customers as required ensuring that all renewals are completed prior to due dates
- Assist with Customer Success Plans and other auto attach products for existing customers.
- Review and build documentation around Renewal’s process.
- Research and respond to Sales, Support, and Services team questions and requests by effectively using the contract and billing systems.
- Report on Churn and Do Not Renew (DNR) and MRR and ARR.
- Ensure contract enforcement e.g. notice periods and contract end dates.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and as required.
As a well-rounded Renewals Representative, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comfortable speaking over the phone with clients.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Skilled at problem solving and navigating challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Able to work independently or in a group setting.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work effectively with on-site and virtual teams.
- Critical thinker who can find ways to improve and automate processes.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
- Confidence in self and organisation, and a ‘can-do’ attitude in the face of change.
- A finance Degree would be a distinct advantage
- Previous sales or customer-facing experience a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.