- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 06 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4319
You are an experienced Business Analyst with a payments background, who has a passion for product, a well-rounded knowledge of agile developments and an ability to communicate requirements and make decisions. Playing a key role in our dynamic Product Development team with support from our group-wide product function, you will play a vital role in executing the strategic product roadmap and delivering exciting and engaging solutions for our customers.
The Business Analyst fulfils the Product Owner role within an Agile Development (Scrum) Team, focusing on how best to execute the roadmaps defined by and with the Product Managers. You will use your extensive knowledge of the payments industry to help the Paysuite division to deliver great products to customers and the market.
You will act as the representative of the Product Team in the scrum teams and will use your knowledge of strategy, customer needs and internal stakeholder feedback to help develop our products.
- Be the representative within the Agile Development Team for the Product Manager.
- Gather the requirements from Stakeholders and own their conversion into stories and supporting documents.
- Fulfilling the Agile Product Owner role:
- Clearly identify and describe product backlog items building a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the development team.
- Make decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output.
- Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered.
- Assess and triage reported bugs and support cases and assist with their resolution.
- Working collaboratively with other development teams and stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are managed, and issues and risks are communicated.
- Contribute to product launch and Go to Market collateral.
- Developing and maintaining a sound understanding of customers’ business processes and requirements, becoming an expert in these areas.
Skills & attributes
- High-level knowledge of card network operations, merchant acquiring, and/or processing including familiarity of commercial models
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes, and best practices
- Creative thinker willing to challenge the status quo and develop recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to develop relationships with senior leaders and key stakeholders, while appropriately influencing without direct authority
- Ability to successfully manage multiple strategic priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate focus on the customer with a demonstrated desire to understand and solve for customer needs and pain points
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, Aha, and Jira with the ability to turn data into compelling business cases
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences.
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities.
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress.
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the payment industry
- Ideally degree