Senior Software Developer (Servelec Division)
We are Servelec, and we believe in using technology to deliver better care.
We provide software across health, social care, education and youth services that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities; schools and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care. Find out more at www.servelec.co.uk.
The Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this role is leading the technical development of Healthcare software for the NHS; you will be in the driving seat of technical excellence and design pushing forward our delivery for the NHS.
You will support and lead a team of software engineers technically from concept to delivery. This role combines strong coding skills and technical leadership and Agile delivery. You will work with peers and colleagues to make a difference and also have fun whilst doing it.
The Main Accountabilities
We are passionate about driving the latest technologies and techniques to improve how we deliver our solutions for the NHS and as a Senior Software Developer you can expect to be involved in:
• Engineering software solutions - Looking for opportunities to modernise, working with prototypes and proof of concepts and developing fully functioning applications based on frameworks such as .Net, entity, NHibernate using C#
• Producing rich frontend UI/UX and efficient services with technologies such as Angular and driving our UX/ UI modernisation.
• Understanding of the importance of automation in CI and CD processes
• Technical and architectural responsibility for core software product, driving our modernisation agenda forward
• Leading technically in a development team on project and on the modernisation of our applications, mentoring academy students and developers in the team
• Driving a microservices, API first approach to development and modernisation away from monoliths
The Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• You are motivated to improve the lives of people who work for and use the NHS through code and thrive from driving real world impact.
• You breath the importance of security and have a good chuckle when you see 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99 in a database
• You're an engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building complex software solutions without spaghetti code
• You want to work across a range of tech environments, mixed technologies, and drive modernisation. Your priorities will be modernising systems and improving stability, security and efficiency
• You're keen to learn new technologies and languages and help drive this into the development team through technical leadership and improve our feature rich stack
• You're comfortable operating in an Agile environment with a good working knowledge in areas such as CI/CD, build pipelines, testing and architecture
• You have a good understanding of fundamentals (e.g. logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, networks stack) along with strong software design skills, including OO, and knowledge of version control systems such as Git
• You love nothing more than grabbing a pen and whiteboarding the next challenge
• You are an experienced technical lead looking for a challenge and opportunity to make a difference