- Sector: Professional Services
- Expiry Date: 13 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4339
A key member of the Professional Services team working closely with team leaders and project managers in the execution of project billing, revenue recognition, revenue forecasting and reporting across the entire portfolio. Strong eye for detail with an ability to identify any issues that may arise while making sure our systems and processes are working optimally, implementing process improvements, and enhancing our system outputs.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Be accountable for all Billing & Revenue Recognition activities including the management of all month end activities relating to project billing and revenue recognition.
- Ensure all projects are set up correctly with accurate bookings, days, assignments, and forecasts.
- Ensure all commercial milestones are correctly forecasted and triggered for billing with appropriate approval.
- Ensure all time & Materials billing is completed on time according to the financial month end calendar.
- Process and apply any credits when appropriate as per the financial credit process.
- Support ad hoc queries from the Professional services team and the finance team on project billing/bookings.
- Manage the contract handovers and project creation for the project management team.
- Ensure the PS KPI dashboards have accurate data representation.
- Implement and apply governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring, and updating the status of programme deliverables
- Maintain the core Professional Services systems, produce and distribute project & portfolio reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Organise workshops to identify areas of improvement for projects, documenting recommendations and presenting them to the PS Management Team
- Build up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the Project Managers – use examples from current and past projects to identify best practice
- Continue to evolve the processes and templates throughout the project lifecycle
- Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio
- Be involved in ongoing transformation of processes and systems improvements to support the wider PS team
Your skills and experience likely include:
- Experience of revenue recognition / project billing through a monthly systemised process. Using Financial Force / Salesforce in a previous role would be desirable.
- Advanced Proficiency in standard office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good analytical, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Pragmatic, ‘hands-on’ approach to job/task execution – task focused with attention to detail
- Experience of working in a large, complex organization with extensive stakeholder engagement experience
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work in a small team with exceptional communication skills and willingness to work with other/provide cover/support during peak demand times/holidays/sickness.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and work on several projects at once.
- The ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain