- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 28 July 2022
- Job Ref: J5512
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- You are an accomplished Full Stack developer building high quality software ideally using ReactJS.
- You take pride in your work and the work of your team, ensuring that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
- You will be comfortable with an agile environment, enjoying a fast-paced and collaborative atmosphere.
- You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement – working with non-developers such as analysts and product owners.
- You demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan Dev sprint/release activities, prioritising your work, and help unblock others, in accordance with sprint goals; displaying ownership, responsibility and good decision-making.
- You have a strong understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
- You have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- You have direct experience working with delivery pipelines, contributing to a shared codebase.
- You write clear & self-documenting code, organising methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
- You demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail, displaying a can-do attitude and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain our high quality standards.
- You demonstrate great communication skills and are able to communicate with, and advise stakeholders in various departments at various levels and client technical teams
- · You will be working on projects in our Legal Division and apply best practices to our solution, developing and enhancing our products and new features.
- · Ensuring our solutions meet business requirements, and align with technology and governance standards, and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
- · Attend technical meetings with stakeholders to present and agree technical solutions where needed
- · Work closely with QA and contribute to automated testing practices.
As a well-rounded Full stack Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Ability to develop new industry-leading products in collaboration with our product and content teams by using a range of languages and technologies such as:
- Angular 12+ and RxJs
- .NET 5+
- TSQL and SQL Server
- Git and Git workflows
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps (build/release pipelines)
- Understanding of best practices such as SOLID and clean code
- Writing unit tests.
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
- Good knowledge of Cloud security and preventative solutions
- Knowledge of NgRx
- .Net MVC or Razor Pages
- RESTful API design including use of verbs and status codes
- An understanding of system design approaches such as event driven, event sourcing, microservices, Gang of Four patterns, etc
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.