Sales Development Team Leader
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It is this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We are passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That is why over 3 million users and over 55,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Overview of the Role:
This role focuses on delivering positive results as a leader of individual contributors for the sales development team across Access UKs group of companies. Partner with teams across sales and marketing to achieve results and drive continuous improvement in performance and processes through the management of our inbound demand model. Collaborate with Sales and Marketing leaders to ensure team activities align with business goals and objectives.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to guide your team as well as be hands on to create and execute prospecting and demand generation plans, extract customer needs and demonstrate product benefits, provide quotations, and help drive opportunities for sales. You will work with the senior Sales and Marketing leadership to determine your sales development plan against sales targets coming from a mix of sources including self-generation activities, marketing generated leads and current company accounts representing cross-sell opportunities.
As a successful Sales Development Team Leader, your primary responsibilities will include (though will not be limited to):
• Lead a team of Sales Development Representatives in one of our 11 Divisions at Access Technology Group, mostly based out of the Access Loughborough Office
• Coach the team through mentorship and modelling of positive behaviours to deliver against divisional and group pipeline targets
• Build team culture - keep the team engaged, informed, and motivated; foster a competitive and collaborative team environment
• Execute strategic plans and initiatives to drive divisional performance improvement
• Partner with Sales and Marketing leadership to ensure group level initiatives are adopted and executed through exceptional stakeholder management
• Ensure divisional KPI (Key performance indicators) management is delivered by Sales Development Team Leaders
• Oversee delivery of inbound sales leads to ensure the follow up is dealt with in a timely manner alongside great customer service
• Develop prospecting outbound strategies for our team in line with Sales Reps and business needs with available resources
• To ensure the Sales Development team follows up marketing activity and to actively encourage attendance at Access run events and/or webinars or to arrange demos and to proactively follow up marketing activity to the Access customer base to actively encourage attendance at solution’s specific webinar/events
• Work closely with marketing and sales teams to provide weekly closed-loop reporting against all inbound and outbound efforts
• Ensure your team adheres to correct usage and adoption of Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) for reporting & forecasting purposes
• To work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
• You have the ambition and drive to achieve and overachieve on sales targets by building good relationships with the prospects and nurturing every opportunity
• You have a passion for leading from the front to drive team performance & work with the team to make Access better every day
• You love producing innovative ideas to make the Sales Development (& surrounding) team more efficient & higher performing
• You are looking to build on your current skill set & develop within your role to form a long-lasting career at Access
• You will have a full driving license and be in commuting distance to Loughborough
As a well-rounded sales professional, your Skills and Experiences include:
• Experience using Salesforce CRM, Microsoft Excel & LinkedIn
• Experience managing a team of Sales Development/Inside Sales Reps is ideal but not mandatory
• Proven track record of exceeding both personal & team quotas
• A motivated self-starter who consistently demonstrates an enthusiastic, never give up attitude
• An ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of business processes and practices - & an ability to constantly challenge the status quo and propose improvements where necessary
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to build rapport at all levels of an organisation
• Have good administration skills: you will be responsible for owning the SLAs (Service Level Agreements) that support the Leads Process
• A passion for technology & business management software
• Experience using reports & tools to maximise team performance
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.