- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 15 June 2022
- Job Ref: J5966
Product Owner - Servelec
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork, and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities, schools, and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care. Find out more at www.servelec.co.uk.
This role will be responsible for “owning” the product backlog with the ability to understand customer requirements, work with Product Management to agree and confirm the market opportunity, building appropriate business cases where required, to ensure that development activity is focused on delivering both customer and business benefit.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Be responsible for the determining of the key features of Initiatives / projects in a timely manner as part of Release planning, creating value for both customers and the company.
- Act as liaison between the Development team and the user to interpret requirements and relay clear use cases and customer problems to the development teams.
- To manage the product backlog and backlog visibility to prioritize user stories for implementation.
- Work closely with the Development / UI team participating in scrum meetings and giving feedback, setting new sprint goals, and relaying new user stories.
- Be responsible for the How / When key features will be delivered, producing a clear Release Plan and be responsible for monitoring performance against the agreed release dates.
- Provide clear acceptance criteria for each specified feature / user story – Establish a clear “definition of done”.
- Will “own” the communication channel of each product release, sharing with all key stakeholders.
- Work with the Product Manager to analyse market trends and changes in requirements / priorities.
- Work with the Product Manager to define the strategy – Where are we now, where do we want to be and how are we going to get there?
- Participate / lead focus groups to elicit customer feedback to feed into the Release / Roadmap process
As a well-rounded Product Owner, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Will have a good understanding of Product Ownership techniques and an understanding of the Healthcare/Local Government market drivers.
- You will have excellent organisational skills, be adept at structured and evidence-based decision making.
- Previous product ownership experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in the Healthcare or Local Government sector
- Experience of Product Ownership
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to break complex subjects down into simple /easy to understand use cases.
- Ability to focus on Problem Solving – What is the problem we are trying to solve?
- Ability to prioritise and groom product backlogs.
- Ability to engage with all key stakeholders.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.