- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2022
- Job Ref: J7371
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
APS is the leading provider of Practice Engagement Solutions to Australia and New Zealand’s top 500 Accounting Firms and we are now part of The Access Group.
As Product Owner you will be at the centre of our business, technology and user experience, and will work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. You will be responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of your product development teams and their development pipeline, as well as ensuring your teams have a shared understanding of the sprint deliverables.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work closely with the Product Manager to provide input into the product roadmaps and refine the team backlog.
- Co-ordinate the implementation teams to support the delivery of the sprint goals and resolution of issues.
- Track team performance highlighting successful processes or areas of concern.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to set internal and external delivery expectations based on estimations.
- Provide support to the software developers to ensure that the software is developed in line with the specifications.
- Collaborative definition, co-ordination, and scheduling of work with external teams, to unblock dependencies as required.
- Assist the QA to develop test scenarios for your products and otherwise support the QA process. required.
- Take responsibility for all third level escalations of customer and developer partner support and delegate tasks where required.
- Liaise with third party software developers and product managers.
- Assist Marketing in marketing collateral (print and online), media releases, blogs etc.
- Represent your products at internal presentations where required.
- Keep the Product Manager informed, on a regular and timely basis, of the status of all activities. Delegate tasks to team members where needed to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ensure release documentation is accurate, complete and communicated when appropriate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Product Manager where required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your Manager or Product Manager from time to time
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a software development role releasing to strict timeframes (eg compliance software).
- A clear understanding of the product development lifecycle for desktop and SaaS applications. Ability to work with Architecture, Analysis and Delivery Teams to refine and manage scope and requirements.
- Proactive and positive attitude in a fast-paced environment to deliver outcomes on a deadline.
- A demonstrated desire and ability to change the product and software development practices of those around you for the better.
- Working knowledge of Agile planning, documentation, scheduling techniques and tools.
- The ability to communicate clearly with managers, software engineers, non-technical people as well as partners and customers in the language appropriate to the situation.
- The ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Accounting knowledge. Proven knowledge of, or experience working with New Zealand & Australian and Tax legislation.
- The ability to “talk shop” with tech people.
- Good technical understanding of integration/API interfaces, data and architecture concepts.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- 25-days of leave each year through Annual and Wellbeing Leave
- 12-weeks Paid Parental Leave at full salary for new parents
- 3-days Giving Back Days
- A region-wide Employee Assistance Program
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.