- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 19 February 2023
- Job Ref: J7289
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The Monitoring Engineer is part of the deployment & monitoring team and is focussed on developing and implementing the appropriate monitoring solutions for our different products, along with ensuring they are effective and robust.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Install, configure and maintain NewRelic, AppDynamics, App Manager etc. and other monitoring utilities that assist the team in monitoring our applications and systems.
- Support monitoring agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of Windows and Linux.
- Designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards.
- Develop reliable and efficient monitoring scripts that will be used to monitor applications and systems and will feed custom alerts into alert management system.
- Resolve actual or potential monitoring problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Gather requirements, document and implement monitoring solutions for existing technical issues and specific projects and programs.
- Research and implement new technologies and products related to systems monitoring.
- Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes for monitoring tools.
- Assist in resolving various site availability/performance issues and tuning.
- Ensuring incidents found are resolved in a timely manner and within schedule.
- Escalating issues to management or other teams when issues.
- Communicating status updates to all stake holders.
As a well-rounded [role}, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Must have specific experience with a scripting language (Perl, Python, and Shell).
- · Exposure to the basics of SQL, including creating and running queries
- We use a range of tools including NewRelic, AppDynamics, OPS Manager, APP Manager and other tools such as Zabbix, so experience of one or more of these tools is required.
- Experience of using dashboards such as Grafana to display data.
- Experience of integrating monitoring solutions with alerting tools such as PagerDuty, OPSGenie.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform effectively with other organization groups.
- Strong technical, analytic, and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Your Personal attributes likely include:
- Customer/service focused induvial.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Driven to excel and improve on a constant basis
- Flexible: able to work under pressure
- Results focused/orientated
- Determined (will do attitude); Positive (can do approach)
- Clear and structured thinker with good analytical skills
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.