Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Are you a storyteller marketer that thrives in a fast-paced, technology-driven workplace with experience in multi-channel marketing and search-first initiatives? If so, we want to talk to you!
Working at The Access Group
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
The Digital Content Marketing Manager will be a crucial driver of our mission to amplify Access People as credible thought leaders and high authority product experts in digital channels. You will lead on our search-first agenda and implement a customer-centric content strategy that mops up demand and ensures Access People is well positioned in the SERP landscape.
Given the pace at which The Access Group and our department are growing, we foresee plenty of opportunity for career progression. We have a robust people development programme that is based on clear measures of success through regular objective setting for each and every role coupled with personal development and training programmes.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Digital Content Manager Role Overview
The Digital Content Marketing Manager will lead the identification and execution of search-first content marketing initiatives that will help to grow the organic performance of the Access People division within The Access Group business. This position will own the success of the content marketing strategy - working closely with the digital team, Head of Marketing, sales, product management, and the rest of the marketing team to weave the search-first agenda into content production and amplification. The goal is to ensure all content is driving high quality organic traffic to generate leads.
This will require strategizing, creating and optimising on-site content such as blogs, product pages, inbound hubs and other resources with SEO team guidance and objectives in mind. It will also require creating trending, industry relevant videos, podcasts, guides and infographics to support the wider Access People business objectives to create demand, build awareness and generate sales opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Digital Content Marketing Manager
• Design and lead on a customer-centric, search-first content marketing strategies that take Access People personas on a journey through the content marketing funnel. Strategies could include SEO-led campaigns, digital PR, link acquisition etc.
• Develop an editorial calendar that defines the delivery, maintenance and optimisation of high quality content to support the search-first agenda and Access People KPIs.
• Develop and execute content ideas which help support Access People campaign messaging to be used in the wider customer marketing programmes. Content could include blogs, video, podcasts, white papers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.
• Work closely with digital (SEO, PPC and UX) to ensure content marketing initiatives and projects are aligned with the search-first agenda to drive growth in the organic space.
• Work closely with the internal data, design, product owners, and sales teams to utilise internal expertise and resource wherever possible.
• Champion external relationships to support thought leadership content and seek out external opportunities to increase awareness of Access People.
• Optimize existing content considering search-first best practice, with a focus on driving traffic to the website from search results, and mopping up demand for Access People solutions.
• Continually measure and report on results vs targets; optimise plans and test, measure, learn to find new approaches; analyse and define audience segments to drive content campaign plans.
• Collaborate with internal central marketing and external agency teams to produce high quality content with search-first in mind.
• Proven experience in content marketing for an online business, preferably in B2B software products.
• Domain expertise in HR/Learning.
• Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
• Excellent content author, editor and writer, with great attention to detail and a focus on quality
• Experience in copywriting for the web - with a foundational understanding of using SEO best practice to optimise content and create visibility in search results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and translate technical information into business benefits and thought leadership themes.
• Editorial mindset with an ability to understand the audience’s needs, language and content preferences across different marketing channels
• Demonstrated self-starter with an ability to manage and motivate other team members
• Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, customers and cross-functional teams, and third parties
• A team player but has the ability to lead across functional team, particularly under time and resource pressure
• Comfortable managing multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Demonstrated experience of designing and executing strong inbound generation campaigns using a wide variety of media and mediums
• Energetic and passionate about the world of HR
• Solid understanding of web publishing requirements and experience in using a content management system (CMS)
• BSc / BA degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
• Proven professional experience in the technology industry
• Proven experience in content marketing
• Proven experience leading project teams and multiple stakeholders within multi-division and matrixed structures
• Domain expertise with enterprise application software, cloud computing / SaaS business solutions