- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 12 October 2023
- Job Ref: J9695
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
- You can communicate well with team members, and can clearly communicate progress & potential risks to progress as early as possible to the Engineering Lead and agile team.
- You are able to actively participate in requirements reviews and refinement.
- You are able to write code that is easy to read, to understand and DRY. You are able to refactor small sections of code with guidance without introducing bugs, and are able to write unit tests for pure functions.
- You can follow pre-defined source control procedure, committing and merging code, dealing with conflicts.
- You are able to narrow down and highlight areas of concern and propose why an issue might be happening.
- You understand some basic principals of QA, including why QA is necessary and who should be involved in QA. You take responsibility for the quality of your own work.
- You understand the ceremonies and engineering activities within a sprint, and the order they should occur, and actively participate in achieving these.
You recognise the need for continuous improvement and actively participate in team retrospectives.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
Show a quality focussed approach and collaborate with the QA team on QA activities. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
Your skills and experiences will include:
And might also include some of the following:
- Azure DevOps
- Cypress or Selenium
What does Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits