- Location: Brackley
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 13 days ago
- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 08 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8703
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
You will be a dynamic, enthusiastic engineer with a passion for technology that drives you to learn and improve your skills throughout your time at The Access Group. You will take responsibility of your own tasks, as well as be able to work collaboratively within a team, taking pride in the outcomes that you and are colleagues produce. It is vital that you can communicate effectively with our customer base; you will understand that they are the key focus of any operation we undertake and that they drive the fast-paced environment you will have the chance to work within.
The position we are offering is for a Terminal Engineer who will be responsible for building, supporting and maintaining our Terminal Solution. Within this role you will have the opportunity to work on market leading software used by many businesses in the Health and Social Care Sector. You will be responsible for the day to day running and upkeep of this solution, including fulfilling new orders, building and imaging devices, and supporting our customers to keep their Terminals working and their care home’s running smoothly.
While supporting our solution you will also have the responsibility of using remote management software to monitor and track the health of the devices. You will work as a 2nd line support, liaising with our 1st line support team, who will lean on you for assistance with any of the more complicated hardware issues or queries that may arise.
We will train you on how to use our internal systems, including JIRA, Kaseya, and PowerApps however it is vital to us that you show a willingness to learn, engage, and help us to keep growing and improving our solution. We also provide career progression for those who show promise and proactivity within their roles and hope to help you grow in your profession.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Assist with stock counts and input figures into stock control
• Maintain stock levels within stock systems
• Book deliveries into stock
• Assign stock to warehouse areas
• Prepare equipment for dispatch, booking with courier
• Maintain a clean and tidy workshop/ warehouse environment
• Be responsible for building, maintaining and supporting our Terminal Solutions
• Help customers to resolve issues (software, hardware)
• Provide regular progress updates, communicate impediments & better ways of delivering the requirements
• Create documentation when required
• Contribute to the continuous improvement process
We are looking for someone who is passionate about hardware and software and its potential to move organisations forward through innovation. The successfully appointed candidate will be a role model for best practice and actively promote it. They will deliver value to the business, effectively, efficiently and to a high standard.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
• The ability to develop a broad knowledge of our hardware and software
• An ability to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly
• Customer focussed and providing excellent Customer Service
• Flexibility and pragmatism, an ability to self-plan and respond to shifting priorities
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and are a creative thinker
• A good communicator, confident, clear and warm with a flexible and constructive approach to customers and to the team alike
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.