- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 12 August 2021
- Job Ref: J3614
You are a driven and highly motivated individual. You have a very good understanding of agile development processes and the day to day running of a product & development team.
You love transformational projects and enjoy rallying colleagues behind a collective vision. You like to ensure all processes are as stream-lined as possible. You pride yourself on operational efficiency and ideally have completed a lean or six sigma course.
Day-to-day, you will:
Co-ordinate Strategic or X-Functional Projects
- X-functional and x-divisional project management/co-ordination.
- Examples of projects are our move to 100% hosted and hyperview rollout.
- Manage operational scorecard for the product development team and ensure we are tracking against objectives.
- Setup new suppliers, co-ordinate with legal on MSA and Statements of Work.
- ISO setup and approval.
- CHS co-ordination to ensure access and stream-lined setup.
- Off-boarding to ensure all checks are completed and access fully removed.
- Manage budget.
- Ensure we are getting what we expect from all suppliers.
- Tracking of all legal docs/license agreements.
- Act as face off to account managers at suppliers and internal escalation point if issues.
- Rate negotiations.
Technical migrations and Consolidation
- Migrations to Azure Devops
- AWS to azure (where applicable)
- Maintain cloud hosting services relationship and act as a single point of contact.
- Tech updates and migrations co-ordination.
- Tooling migrations.
License management and Tooling
- Work with the PMO to ensure the central Development Tools register is up to date.
- Track and report on costs.
- Ensure audit to ensure license model review every 6 months to flag any issues of licenses change.
- Implement automated checks for tooling and license management.
Security and Pentest co-ordination
- Manage risk register with development managers.
- Ensure that the Pentest calendar is up to date to ERP tests.
- Sonarqube/Prism rollout and support.
- Acquisition onboarding – tooling, team sessions, knowledge sharing.
- Partner onboarding plans
- Team onboarding
Metrics and reporting
- Automation of consistent reporting of KPIs or operational scorecards.
- Pro-actively communicate to internal customers and teams on performance.
- Making sure key initiatives kicked off and resourced effectively.
- Point of contact for internal and external audits.
R&D and Capex management
- Ensuring business cases/PIDs are consistently submitted on time.
- Track Timesheet actuals against forecasts and collate reports.
- Act as point of contact for PMO.
As a well-rounded Product Development Operations Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Very comfortable with updating very senior stakeholders. Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience with SAAS products and moving customers from on premise to hosted.
- You will have managed project budgets in excess of £1M.
- You will be comfortable to negotiate with software and partner suppliers when required.
- You will be comfortable managing relationships and being able to provide clear feedback in a constructive way.
- Comfortable dealing with development and product teams and understand what is needed for high performing teams to thrive.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain