- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 30 December 2023
- Job Ref: J10915
Engineering Team Lead
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
You are an accomplished Engineering Team Lead with a rich background in steering the development of software solutions, this role will be managing a team in Human Capital Management (HCM) covering the HR and Payroll product areas across multi regions.
You are well-versed in software development life cycle methodologies, and have successfully implemented Agile best practices so you are able to drive the team transition to use Azure DevOps (ADO).
You will be accountable for the engineering delivery of agreed roadmap, technical and quality deliverables of the team.
You are committed to ensuring the highest quality standards for software solutions. We are currently spearheading the introduction of automated testing using Virtuoso, aiming to improve efficiency and accuracy in the QA processes.
Key characteristics for this role: enthusiastic, solutions-focussed, pro-active, loves a challenge, pride in your codebase and the quality of your output, and adaptable
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures development standards are established, known, and followed within your team/squad.
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Lead an Agile team by hands-on example, driving technical excellence throughout the development process, and taking accountability for the deliverables of the development team.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and direction to other members of the development team.
- Manage effective source control, using GIT.
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration within the team. Fully responsibility of development, testing and automated testing to ensure software quality.
- You can motivate and lead teams, driving career development and high performance, and supporting them to upskill to achieve their potential.
- You are collaborative and pragmatic. You can communicate with, advise, and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach, and strategic objectives. You demonstrate self-awareness and ability to adapt message according to audience to achieve positive results.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities.
- You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Development sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, can identify risks early, understand overall project picture and makes decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously.
- You can adhere to deployment processes, and are aware of design patterns in the technologies you work in.
- Drives and implements change within the team to achieve Development and business objectives.
- You demonstrate role model behaviours, remain optimistic and committed in the face of challenges and can adapt and flex with changing priorities.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.