Early Careers Advisor
- Location: Loughborough
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 6 days ago
- Sector: Human Resources
- Expiry Date: 16 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8426
Early Careers Advisor - Employee Success
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
You’ll enjoy working at pace and be comfortable with an ever-changing environment as we continue to grow.
You are a self-starter, looking for problems to solve and where you can add value.
You’ll have working knowledge in either recruiting or building development programmes for Early Career roles such as Apprentices, Graduates, Undergraduates or Internships.
You are skilled across all elements of the Training cycle – completing thorough training needs analysis, designing effective and engaging training solutions, expert facilitation skills and the ability to provide comprehensive evaluation of the programmes
You are effective at communicating across all levels, building relationships and engagement with key stakeholders
You love making a difference and are passionate about supporting people to reach their potential by developing Early Careers talent for Access.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Be the owner of making our Early Career experience at Access a fantastic one for everyone who starts their career with Access: how they are hired, welcomed, developed and helped to progress at Access
- Nurture the Early Careers implementation through a team of Functional and Employee Success Early Career Development Leads to:
- Identify, design and rollout Learning & Development Early Career Academies, focusing on best practice which should be common to all Functions across Access e.g. (Welcome experience, The Access Way,Behaviours, etc). Each Function to own their delivery, you will support them to make this a huge success
- Be the Early Careers ‘Ofsted’ of Access and evolve the approach to Learning & Development for Early Careers, and the content that supports consistency across all Functions. Making sure everyone’s got the tools, content & confidence to grow their Early Career’s strategy & resources.
- Equip our leaders to support, nurture and guide our Early Career employees
- Establish and evolve best practice to reward, recognise, progress and retain Early Careers talent (within function or across Access)
- Support movement, where relevant, between different Academies, to make sure that people are in the best roles for them to be successful (avoiding square pegs in round holes) and to create wider career development for those who have the desire and potential to do more
- Create a sense of community, engagement and buzz. Working on internal & external comms around Early Careers, supporting our social media around Early Careers & being a voice within our communities to encourage our Early Career growth
- Develop collateral that can be used to support the hiring and retention of our Early Career employees: e.g success stories and wider collateral, using this to attract new candidates & support the local 6th forms/colleges/universities to build on our partnership relationships, increasing our talent pipeline for future cohorts
- Work with Recruitment & Access Foundation to promote Access as an exciting place for an Early Career to start/restart their career
- Establish and own an Early Careers scorecard for reporting (Attract & Hire, Performance (Path to Great), Accreditation, Progression, eNPS, Retention). Implementing actions to address any element that isn’t heading in the right direction; applying a continuous improvement mindset, AGILE. (All training provided)
- Championing Diversity & Belonging within Early Careers, looking for opportunities to increase diversity across our Early Career Hires. Role modelling Inclusive Leadership & Aspiring leadership programs within Early Career talent pools.
- Own and manage our UK digital levy account maximising the funds within, keeping up to date with changes in legislation and over time looking for similar opportunities across our other markets
- Work alongside your counter parts across the different geographies within the Access group to ensure a best practice, consistent approach that is flexible for local needs.
- Manage relationships with Apprentice Training Providers, including sourcing relevant providers relative to our needs, negotiating requirements, onboarding them as suppliers, working with our legal team to process provider contracts etc.
As someone familiar with the Early Careers market, your skills and experiences might also include:
- Working experience of Apprenticeship Training Providers
- Recruiting or Managing Graduate Job or Graduate Scheme Programmes
- Project Management
- Delivery of L&D acadmies/courses
- Talent Mapping
- Data Analysis, strong capabilities within Microsoft Excel
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary including quarterly bonus, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us) and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you.
We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support with something that matters to you. This role is flexibile in working location so you will spend some time in the office in Loughborough & from home. We take as many employees as we can on an annual “big break” trip to Marbella where you will be able to enjoy some sun & activities with colleagues. Access to a wide array of communities where we hope you will feel at home & make friends for life.
As part of your role as Early Careers Advisor – you will complete an apprenticeship in; “Learning & Development Practitioner” with the potential to continue your learning all the way to Lvl 7 (equivalent to masters degree)
Worried you don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people will check out the job role profile but hold back from applying if they can’t match up to every single point. At Access we’re dedicated to building a diverse workplace where people feel they belong, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly with everything in the job description, we encourage you to still apply, you might just be who we are looking for. Equally, If you think this role is perfect for someone you know, please pass it onto them! Best of luck!
Become part of our amazing Access family and apply!
Check out our website: https://www.theaccessgroup.com
Fancy a chat before applying? - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-whitehead-a87716150/ Drop me a message on LI.