- Sector: Marketing
- Expiry Date: 04 October 2023
- Job Ref: J10030
Digital Content Executive - PEOPLE
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more. You will be part of an integral part of a growing and professional marketing team that is highly regarded across the company. We have a robust people development program that is based on clear measures of success through regular objective setting for each and every role coupled with personal development and training programs.
The Digital Content Executive, within the People Division plays a pivotal role in establishing our authority as trusted thought leaders and customer experts across all digital platforms. You'll craft top-notch, engaging content to boost organic traffic and leads. Responsibilities encompass content creation, production and execution across diverse digital channels like social media, video, and email, catering to customers' informational needs at all stages.
Collaborating closely with demand generation, SEO, and digital experts, you'll drive our search-focused approach and execute a customer-centric content strategy for strong SERP presence. This involves crafting and optimizing on-site content—landing pages, blogs, case studies, and more—with SEO guidance. Additionally, you'll create trending industry articles, videos, podcasts, guides, and infographics to fuel demand, raise awareness, and generate engagement.
- Become the voice of the customer, and utilize these skills to research, and write digital content - using SEO best practice and optimisation techniques. Content will include landing pages, blogs, resources, case studies and more.
- Identify and execute search-first content ideas to support the customer journey. Content could include blogs, video, podcasts, white papers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.
- Repurpose and optimise existing digital content with a focus on driving traffic to the website from search results and mopping up demand for our solutions.
- Work closely with the marketing team and digital teams (SEO, PPC, web leads and UX) to ensure all content marketing initiatives and activities are aligned with the search-first agenda to drive growth in search engines.
- Collaborate with external agency teams to produce high quality content for digital PR and marketing campaigns.
- Work with the content marketing manager to understand and analyse audience segments to drive content creation and campaigns.
- Support the ideation and development of on-site search-first campaigns – thinking about content strategy, SEO optimisation and user journeys to drive traffic, engagement and leads.
- Work closely with the internal data, design, product owners, and sales teams to utilise internal expertise and resource wherever possible when curating and creating content.
- Use external relationships to support thought leadership content and seek out external content opportunities to increase awareness.
- Support the execution of content plans - in line with external trends, campaign activities, business strategy, new product acquisitions and site migrations.
- Work with the content marketing manager to continually monitor and review performance of content vs targets - optimising content plans and testing, measuring, and learning to find new approaches to move the needle.
Skills, experience and attributes required
- Proven experience in content marketing for an online business, preferably in B2B software products.
- Experience in SEO / search-first copywriting – with a foundational understanding of using SEO best practice to optimise content.
- Confident following detailed briefs for search-first copy creation.
- Excellent content author, editor and writer, with great attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Canva or Photoshop would be preferable.
- Happy to collaborate with the SEO team and receive feedback on work.
- Editorial mindset with a strong understanding of digital customer journeys and experiences, and how to influence them.
- Comfortable tapping into audience needs, language and content preferences across different marketing channels.
- Demonstrated self-starter and team player.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, customers and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- A quick learner with the ability to manage multiple projects, hit deadlines and offer solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic and passionate about writing and business technology.
- Solid understanding of web publishing requirements and experience in using a content management system (CMS).
- Proven experience working in project teams with multiple stakeholders, within multi-division and matrixed structures.
- Strong research skills with an ability to quickly understand new and sometimes complex subject matter.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.