- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 11 August 2021
- Job Ref: J3682
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Our Live Services team are responsible and accountable for our online Product portfolio. The teams ensure our Products and Services are constantly available for our customers to use to run their businesses. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring their Products and Services remains available, secure and performant. Using cutting-edge technology, you will ensure their services are designed and deployed to be best in class.
As the successful candidate you will have an excellent understanding of cloud technologies and ability to compare different cloud offerings. You will work closely with product delivery teams by deploying, administering, monitoring and improving their services, using standard operational processes capabilities, including disaster recovery, high system availability, on-demand scalable solutions, infrastructure monitoring, continuous deployment capabilities, etc. Using guidance from Security and Architecture teams, our Devops team deliver the Security IT Control Matrix, build new services always using the latest technology, build in Automation and CI/CD, streamline processes across teams and administer new systems.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Get to know the development team’s world (source control, builds, backlogs, sprints, Agile etc) but also to bring the development team closer to the operational team's world (Infrastructure, OS, security, scripting, monitoring etc).
- Promote DevOps culture and adoption of CI/CD principles throughout the organisation.
- Define key metrics/logging and implement tooling that will provide all key stakeholders with information that will help identify improvements to the service on behalf of the customer.
- Be part of a team with day-to-day operational responsibilities for customer facing online services, with on-call 24/7 support on a rota.
- Ensure that any key non-functional requirements around availability, security and performance are met before any product is made available to customers.
- Keep abreast of latest cloud technologies and driving relevant adoption to improve services.
Skills and Experience:
It should come as no surprise that we are always looking at new technologies, to give customers an even better experience. There is an expectation that you will have experience with some of the following technologies and consider yourself to be strong in 2 or 3 areas. This list isn’t exhaustive, so don’t be put off applying if you have experience in similar technologies and are willing to adapt.
- Operating Systems: Windows and/or Linux
- Cloud Providers: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services
- Infrastructure as Code: CloudFormation, ARM templates, Terraform
- Automation and Scripting: PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, Python, Go
- Build/Release Tools: Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, XL Release
- Databases: MSSQL, Azure SQL DB, AWS: RDS, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Web Hosting Technologies: Apache, IIS, Nginx plus Tomcat, Java, Passenger, Rails, Node.js
- Serverless: AWS Lambda, Azure Functions
- Containers: Docker, Mesosphere, Kubernetes
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell DSC
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family! Apply now!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.