- Sector: Customer Success
- Expiry Date: 20 August 2021
- Job Ref: J3983
** This role can be based anywhere in the UK **
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We are now looking to recruit a CfL Data Administrator to successfully support all areas of our data team, providing operational cover and assistance where required. You will provide administrative/data input support in all our data reporting requirements ensuring key stakeholders receive accurate and timely data and information to support decision making and operational insights. In addition the Data Administrator will help to update reports, project and programme documentation as required.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Work with Data/Project/Programme team members to provide administrative support in the creation and publication of KPI reporting, monthly Management reports and all other key initiative progress reporting.
• Manage KPI reporting calendar/assistance with prioritisation and proactively managing deadlines/comms with key stakeholders
• Assist in collection & reporting of CfL data relating to agreed KPIs/metrics including CSAT, digital transformation, SLA performance etc.
• Receive and manage data requests from other departments for data they require
• Guide other departments on creating and using reports themselves
•Provide support and guidance to team members relating to the adoption of data sources, systems, processes etc.
As a well-rounded Data Administrator, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Data driven with the ability to obtain and present insight from multiple sources
• Comfortable using a variety of tools to ingest and analyse data sets independently such as Tableau and other qualitative research channels.
• Microsoft Excel (confident/comfortable) for manipulating data and presenting results
• Powerpoint (confident/comfortable) for presentation of relevant data
• Ability to work in a small, energetic team – all focused on enabling customer facing team members to provide the very best customer experience
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.