- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 09 December 2022
- Job Ref: J4583
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
We’re looking for an Agile BA (for the ERP Division) with passion and energy, a desire to collaborate and a strong commitment to excellence to help define and deliver exciting new products to revolutionise our customers’ service quality and operational efficiency. We're a team that wants the best of both worlds – the pace and challenge of latest technologies, whilst having a real purpose and making a positive difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for someone who:
- Embraces an open, honest culture of continuous improvement
- Understands real needs of real people
- Is comfortable working with developers, UX Design, Business Teams and Senior stakeholders
- Is organised, methodical and calm under pressure
- Is a self-starter who comes to work with their sleeves already rolled up
- Knows when to think 80/20
- Makes wise decisions despite ambiguity
- Is able to identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms
- Is able to separate what must be done well now, and what can be done later
- Can develop requirements that deliver to our short-term needs while still aligning to the longer-term strategic vision
- Plans to test their assumptions wherever possible
- Is proactive with a diligent, professional manner and the ability to think outside the box
- Is a quick learner and does not shy away from new domains waiting to be discovered
You will have the following skills:
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban) expertise in a digital/software product development environment
- Solid ability to define and refine User Stories, grouped into Epics
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders and technical teams across the business
- Experience creating documentation to clearly and concisely communicate requirements to development teams
- Experience with requirement management tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence) and system modeling tools (e.g. Visio, Gliffy)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience running workshops, facilitation and stakeholder management/communication
- A reasonable level of technical knowledge so you can understand context and challenges of software solutions (components, data flows, integration, etc)
- Work closely with the Product Manager to turn high level feature requests into user stories with reference to existing functionality, product strategy, by collaborating with stakeholders, developers and partners
- Adapt, refine and prioritise user stories through review with the Product Manager, development leads and project stakeholders
- Work with clients and other stakeholders to elicit detailed specifications around feature requests
- Immerse in Agile delivery activities such as sprints, stand-ups, showcases and retrospectives
- Review test plans to ensure required product functionality is correctly covered