- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 20 July 2022
- Job Ref: J6512
This position is for an Audit & Risk Manager to be part of a new and growing Quality, Risk and Compliance team. Reporting to the Head of QRC, you will be an influential member of the HSC Management team working to bring Quality techniques and best working practices across the HSC division of Access.
You will support the Head of Quality, Risk and Compliance in driving compliance and improvement to the business process and procedures across all business functions supplying services to the HSC through the creation of an audit & risk process that will identify areas of continuous improvement and identify and address risk. Effective communication skills, relationship building, and the matrix management skills will be essential to be successful in this role.
Dynamic is not often a word that is synonymous with Quality Management, but this is exactly the type of person we are looking for to fill this role. A dynamic person with high people skills is a must to ensure a driving engagement across this matrix managed organisation.
You will need to be tenacious in nature to be successful in your approach to changing a culture and attitude towards auditing this business, we often refer to this journey as a marathon, not a sprint, and we’re looking for someone who’s in it for the long haul and identifying the rewards of seeing significant change and improvement over the long term.
You will quickly identify that Access has challenging and exciting business goals, but you will be able show a personal stake in improving business process and operations for the benefit of both system users, and ultimately the patients that benefit from better Heath and Care systems.
- We are looking for a proven Audit/Risk Manager with experience of ISO9001 QMS, and then wider International Standards, such as ISO27001 Information Security, ISO20000 Service Management and ISO22301 Business Continuity.
- The ideal applicant will be able to articulate how they would approach scheduling audits across a multiple framework Business Management System and across multifunctional divisional teams.
- The ideal applicant will have created a risk management framework across the same multiple BMS and across multifunctional divisional teams.
- Experience of working in high-risk environments, Health Care or Clinical related industry would be preferred although not essential.
- Advising and engaging the HSC leadership team and wider Access Board on conducting audit activity across the Group Divisions and Functions.
- Designing, owning, and driving an audit program, prioritised on process risk, suitable for the needs of the Access HSC division.
- Owning the Management System Certification supplier relationship, planning and managing the external audit program, and support the Head of QRC during external audit activity.
- Owning a program of process improvement, developed from the output of internal and external audit, and ensuring non-conformance management is effective.
- Continuously challenging the status quo and identifying areas to improve process performance.
- Identifying process/business risk and ensuring they are escalated onto the correct risk registers.
- Promoting a risk-based culture and approach
- Creating, promoting, and driving a culture of quality improvement across the HSC business
- Maintain an elevated level and understanding of the business requirments to meet regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders ensuring that process and procedures conform to both business requirments and conformance management standards.
- Identifying your internal and external key stakeholders, building, and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Implementing monitoring and measuring techniques, demonstrating process compliance and meeting output goals.
As an effective Audit Manager, your Style, Skills, and Experiences are likely to include:
- To be highly approachable, open, and collaborative in nature.
- Firm when needed, but with a pragmatic approach to business and commercial needs.
- A willingness to listen and learn, promoting change through engagement.
- Coaching and transformational leadership styles.
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Lead Auditor experience, both internal and supplier auditing
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to chunk down sizable and complex tasks and implementing them in a logical order.
- Manage time efficiently and effectively with good prioritisation and scheduling skills
- Pragmatic, competitive and driven to continuous learning/improvement
- Experiences of matrix management and influencing outside of hierarchy
- Previous experience of working in public sector organisations would be desirable
- Any experience of Clinical Safety practices and Data Protection regulation would be desirable, but not essential.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will collaborate with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses-paid holiday to Spain