- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 18 December 2020
- Job Ref: J2602
We are looking for a User-Experience Designer to work within our Product Development team in our Loughborough office.
This is a challenging role in an exciting fast paced company with lots of opportunity to work on a variety of interesting products.
In this role you will work closely with our agile teams distributed across the UK, to help implement a unified user experience across our extensive & diverse portfolio of SaaS solutions on the Access Workspace platform.
Working as part of an ambitious UX team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of our transformation into the next stage of design maturity at Access.
We are looking for a collaborative team player, well versed in using design thinking and Lean UX principles to delight our users, making their working lives more productive and enjoyable.
The ideal candidate will be working within a similar position currently and have sound, demonstrable commercial experience of working on SaaS products on mobile or desktop platforms.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work closely with product, development, customer success, support and marketing to help implement UX strategy across our portfolio.
- Deliver key design projects and initiatives based on your research and collaborative work with the wider team.
- Manage your daily tasks for both UX initiated projects and incoming design requests from our product teams
- Create personas, user journeys, experience maps, wireframes, conceptual ideas and interactive prototypes to help deliver engaging and delightful experiences to our customers.
- Support the team in the common goal of providing a cohesive user experience by maintaining and contributing to our comprehensive set of design standards, guides and design patterns.
- Participate in/or facilitate design sprints and workshops with team members and stakeholders.
- Validate designs iteratively within the design team and with other stakeholders, including domain experts, remote participants and end users, using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Initiate engagement with users through field studies, user groups, research projects and other research activities.
- Ensure products offer the best experience via contemporary design and leading interaction for our diverse market verticals & personas.
- Collaborate with the Development & Product Management teams to influence product backlogs and roadmaps with proposals to further improve the overall user-experience of our solutions.
- Work with developers to convey and evaluate design all the way through implementation, keeping a constant and open communication channel to ensure products are delivered to the highest standard.
- Use tools such as Adobe XD, Protopie, Usability Hub, Miro, Jira and Slack.
As a well-rounded UX Designer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experienced either as a design generalist, or as a specialist in a particular domain with a good grasp of the entire UX stack.
- Skilled in conducting a wide range of user research activities.
- Committed to quality and best practice, with a sharp eye for detail.
- A highly motivated self-starter ready to own the role and run with it.
- Capable of balancing user needs against technical and budgetary constraints.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and driven.
- Well organised and able to work in a fast-paced environment, with tight timescales and changing priorities.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical skills with results of both qualitative and quantitative research.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain