- Sector: Software Support
- Expiry Date: 10 November 2021
- Job Ref: J4520
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Reporting to the ERP Knowledge Manager, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining, scheduling, and delivering training and coaching to ERP support staff, as well as working with team leaders and product experts to design, deliver and maintain courses.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Creating relevant in-house training programmes and resources for staff in line with requirements
- Delivering training and coaching sessions remotely and face to face (nationwide)
- Scheduling, planning, and arranging training sessions and courses
- Creation of reports for Knowledge Manager and Head of Support regarding training delivered and staff attended
- Provision of feedback to other members of the ERP support leadership team regarding staff engagement and training
- Coordinating with support leaders and product experts to design and deliver training
- Coaching team leaders and product experts in the delivery of training and coaching
- Gathering and collecting feedback from attendees on training courses
- Maintaining own knowledge and skills
- Evaluating and reviewing training materials to ensure they remain current and relevant
- Maintain data files on all training materials
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
As a well-rounded Software Trainer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Able to multitask, prioritise and manage own time efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to present confidently to groups of varying size and knowledge levels both remotely and in-person
- Self-motivated learner – able to build own knowledge through use of documentation and software
- Experience in training, mentoring, or coaching
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Able to encourage attendees to adopt processes, utilise knowledge and ask relevant questions during training sessions
- Flexible and able to adapt within a fast-paced changing environment
- Proven experience in delivering training to varying groups
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.