- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 29 December 2021
- Job Ref: J4806
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we are looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It is this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We are passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That is why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organizations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We are one of the most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK and are now investing heavily in the Asia Pacific region aiming to replicate our success.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge in manual functional testing and automation. Domain experience of payroll, accounting, and HR Systems in particular, is an advantage. You will be primarily responsible for working with the product development teams to conduct Manual functional testing, test planning and compiling test strategies. You will have a keen interest in test automation, continuous deployment practices, and seek to increasingly automate the QA process, as well as completing the necessary manual procedures. You will have experience of working in an agile (SAFE) and high-performing team, with strong communication, time management and organisational skills.
You should be keen to learn and proactively develop your skillset, and enthusiastically engage and collaborate with your team-mates. You are eager to take ownership of individual tasks and follow through to completion and can easily adapt to changing priorities and overcome challenges.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and execute manual testing to a high standard, taking an approach suitable to an agile, fast-paced environment, according to the product teams' definitions of done.
- Engage with your product and development team mates to understand current workloads and priorities, and ensure tasks are completed successfully and on time.
- When required, review unit tests to ensure adequate coverage of user journeys.
- When required, participate in other development projects, to expand your experience and skillset.
- Contribute to developing test processes and improvements with an aim to automate.
- Provide third level support to customers and collaborate between teams.
Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Degree with relevance e.g., Computer Science.
- 2 years + experience in a QA/automation development role.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounting, or HR systems
- SQL knowledge an advantage.
- Xray, Jira, Gherkin, Postman, Jenkins, Selenium, or other automated test tools
- CCID understanding.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter who will get tasks going, and Drive to completion.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including ability to multi-task across different projects, releases and work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we are all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we are all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it is just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, if you are qualified, we cannot wait for your application.