Back to Job Search
- Sector: Software Support
- Expiry Date: 15 February 2024
- Job Ref: J10990
Technical Support Engineer
**The Successful candidate must be based in Ireland**
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be accountable for working with a case load of customers. You will get a buzz from helping people, be customer centric whilst having strong analytical and problem solving skills, being passionate about how our software can make our customers businesses better, through solving business critical problems. You will have a technical background, be a creative thinker and be solution focused.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Support customers with queries, allowing them to get the best out of their software package
• Respond to queries in accordance with our Service Level Agreement (SLA’S)
• Provide excellent customer service through a variety of communication channels
• Support customers through the promotion of the Access Customer Success Portal
• Write, edit and review Knowledge based articles
• Be proactive and take initiative to support continuous improvement of our customers experience by identifying case trends, understanding potential challenges and posing solutions
• Ensure that the quality of the support meets The Access Customer Service standards by delivering against and exceeding your objectives.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
• External Software Support experience
• MS SQL Server scripting experience and ability to identify and resolve issues within the data and data structure
• The ability to develop a broad knowledge of our software and its debugging tools.
• An ability to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
• Flexibility and pragmatism, an ability to self-plan and respond to shifting priorities.
• Be role model for best practice and actively promote it.
• A good communicator, confident, clear and warm with a flexible and constructive approach to customers and to the team alike.
• You work at pace, are goal orientated and have a strong delivery focus.
• You remain calm and professional when handling challenging queries
• Have Enthusiasm in busy periods and ability to work in a team
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.