- Sector: Software Support
- Expiry Date: 31 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4552
Technical Support Engineer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 40,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are excited about working for a best in class, fast growing Software house and solve business-critical problems for our customers.
You have strong analytical and problem solving skills and are a creative thinker.
You are passionate about software and its potential to move organizations forward through innovation. You also have the desire to help your customers by giving them a celebrity service!
Day-to-day, you will:
- Help our customers with technical questions and allow them to get the most out of our payment software by resolving their queries in accordance with our Milestones (SLA’s)
- Provide technical support via chat, telephone or email to resolve complex queries.
- Develop scripts to provide new service offerings, assist with internal business process improvement and produce detailed reporting and analysis for business intelligence and a wide range of bespoke projects.
- Also proactively identify any risks to service and the consequences to Access. You will drive and escalate mitigation.
- Ensure that the quality of the support meets The Access Customer Service standards by delivering against and exceeding your objectives.
As a well-rounded Technical Support Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- The ability to develop a broad knowledge of our software and its debugging tools.
- An ability to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
- API experience
- Familiarity with SQL Server scripting experience would be desirable and ability to identify and resolve issues within the data and data structure
- Flexibility and pragmatism, an ability to self-plan and respond to shifting priorities.
- You are a role model for best practice and actively promote it. You deliver value to the business, effectively, efficiently and to a high standard.
- A good communicator, confident, clear and warm with a flexible and constructive approach to customers and to the team alike.
- You work at pace, are goal orientated and have a strong delivery focus.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain