- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 16 December 2021
- Job Ref: J4833
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 40,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Reporting to the Cloud Hosting Solution (CHS) Head of Projects, you will join an ever-growing team, working closely with Programme Sponsors, technical teams, and customers. The purpose of this role is to manage, co-ordinate and complete several projects concurrently, on time and within budget and scope. This role oversees all aspects of a project lifecycle including agreeing deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring progress, and managing risk.
- The role will be primarily remote based, as you will be occasionally expected to meet with Access teams across a variety of UK offices
- Although based in the CHS Projects team, you will work with all areas of CHS and the wider Access organisation to ensure
Skills and Experiences
- Ideally have Project/Programme Management qualifications (PRINCE 2 practitioner and/or Agile and/or Managing Successful Programmes and/or similar)
- Have significant experience in management of multiple projects
- Be comfortable managing multiple internal, 3rd party and client Project resources
- Have an element of technical experience/adeptness required for technical project management and implementation
- Be highly proficient regarding project management methodologies and processes
- Confident and pro-active with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Possess a can-do positive attitude to deliver
- Comfortable working in a high tempo, constantly changing environment
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload
- Accurate, dynamic, and tenacious.
- Are a team player who can support others and able to take on support when offered
- You will be used to the challenges that matrix-management brings and can recognise the challenges that multi-function delivery teams bring
- You will thrive on challenging technical solutions and often aggressive timescales working in both Waterfall and Agile environments and be ready and expectant of new, sometimes short notice challenges.
Responsibility - You will be expected to:
- Own and manage of several small to medium sized projects, implementing a combination of solutions offered by CHS
- Never make assumptions about the project’s requirement – the TPM should expect to own the full End to End delivery
- Ensure the projects and programmes are effectively structured, planned and managed through strong governance and communications and adhering to within the CHS Projects framework
- Support of the continued rollout of the divisional project management methodology and implementation of appropriate controls to ensure their adherence and success
- Be responsible for the planning, co-ordination, status reporting, communication, escalation management
- Manage project escalations to resolution to avoid further escalation.
- Develop and manage plans to deliver to the agreed time, cost, and quality criteria
- Proactively manage of risks and issues (RAIDs)
- Have a sufficient level of technical ability and knowledge to be able to understand the proposed solution and translate that into a joined-up' vision to the Client and the CHS technical team(s)
What does Access offer you?
We are a fast-growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain