- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 24 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4168
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our APAC Product team. We have number of SaaS solutions developed on public cloud platforms.
The immediate needs of the role are focussed upon (but not limited to) standardising the Application Architecture across various products, as the company and product usage continues to grow.
- You are an accomplished Architect focussed on innovative design leading to high quality delivery through Development teams
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, acting as a catalyst for autonomous squads to unleash their potential
- You are thorough and considered in your approach. You can visualise long term solutions, and convey those solutions to others, but also recognise the importance of iterative delivery.
- You account for tech debt in your solutions, and advocate standards and approaches which avoid the accrual of debt
- You have Experience with working with cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
- You own problems, and crave the autonomy to solve them taking responsibility demonstrating good decision-making to achieve them pragmatically
- You proactively share knowledge and enjoy coaching staff to improve the technical competency of the teams you work with
- You consider security, service and performance as ‘a given’ and bake them into your designs
- You have successfully delivered SaaS solutions at various scales
- You have experience working with Microservices, Event Driven architecture and have a good grasp of Api first design approach
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design architecture solutions that are aligned to long term business goals, but able to help squads disseminate those solutions into vertical slices where necessary
- Provide technical oversight to squads working primarily on data management improvements
- Work with Development and Product personnel to help refine high level backlog items in readiness for team consumption, where necessary. Ensure strong architectural principles are inherent in those items
- Build effective relationships with senior technical staff ensuring a common understanding of goals and challenges
- Liaise with the wider Architecture community, to understand common themes and solutions across the group – contribute to, and learn from that community
- Create diagrams showing key data entities and their traversal through the platform/products
- Help to maintain the integrity and security of the company’s data assets
- Work closely with the local management team, including other Architects, Engineers, DevOps and Quality leads, as well as Development Managers
- Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements
- Act as a consultancy point for deep technical issues, where needed
- Creation of technical documentation where required
Your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Technology & Tools:
- Experience working on SaaS applications
- Experience with .NET and SQL Server is required
- Experience working with Event Driven Microservices and knowledge of Api first design approach
- ASP.NET Core
- Message queue systems such as RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus
- SSIS or similar data tools
- CI/CD tooling such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TeamCity etc
- Experience of Cloud Technologies
- Experience with containerisation tech such as Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Working with Azure B2C or any other equivalent Identity and Access Management system
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to make you successful. We will help you carve out your career path. You will enjoy lots of training both in the UK and in Romania to accelerate your career.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow, you will enjoy a fun environment on top of our standard benefits.
Become part of our amazing Access family!