- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 20 September 2023
- Job Ref: J9813
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a dynamic, skilled Full Stack Software Engineer with leadership experience. You have a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You coach the team to use modern techniques, patterns and practices to build accessible, scalable and evolvable software that is robust. You demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan engineering sprint/release activities, prioritising according to risk and changes in the delivery schedule. You work closely with your peers to ensure cross-team and cross-division activities are performed cohesively and efficiently, delivering the desired results for the business. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the product through your leadership of an Agile team.
- Lead by hands-on example, driving both technical excellence and high individual/team performance throughout the development process. Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to the team.
- Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, and making risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- Help ensure all engineers within the team understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback on the stories and acceptance criteria
- Design and develop software solutions to agreed requirements using front-end and back-end technologies.
- Code review other engineers' work, providing constructive feedback, advising on best practices and coding standards.
- Drive the development of processes and improvements and ensure the software is designed and built to a high standard.
- Report to the Engineering Manager on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
- Provide motivational leadership, mentoring and coaching to the team, including on best practices and approaches, and the continuous improvement of these.
Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and manage career and skills development, performance, holidays and workloads of your team.
- You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, can identify risks early, understand the overall project picture and make decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously.
- You can motivate and lead teams, driving career development and high performance, and supporting them to upskill to achieve their potential.
- You are collaborative and pragmatic. Able to communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approaches, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience. Able to communicate and collaborate with other teams.
- Writes clear and self-documenting code. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology. Aware of trending design patterns in the technologies they work in, able to select the best design pattern for the job in hand and articulate to others why this has been chosen.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities including QA best practices, good planning, early discovery of defects, functional testing by developer before handover to QA, optimal running of regression periods, proactive risk management, requirements analysis and cost of defects.
- Drives and implements change within the team to achieve Development and business objectives.
- You demonstrate role model behaviours, remain optimistic and committed in the face of challenges and can adapt and flex with changing priorities.
- An understanding of Azure DevOps and Octopus Continuous Integration & Deployment or other DevOps tooling.
Desirable - Knowledge of: Dapper / Redis / SSDT / Azure App Services & Functions / Hangfire / NPM.
What does Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits