- Sector: Professional Services
- Expiry Date: 27 November 2021
- Job Ref: J3806
Supply Chain Implementation Consultant
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
As an Access Consultant specialising in the implementation of ERP and supply chain solutions within the manufacturing and distribution sector, you will bring with you experience through a proven track record of employment or consultancy within the MRP/ERP/Supply Chain arena. You will be required to deliver high quality consultancy services and training to Access manufacturing & distribution customers according to agreed procedures/standards.
The role of Consultant is pivotal to the business, which is very client focussed. You will be working within a proven and quality assured implementation methodology framework; and have exceptionally flexible and functional software at your disposal, with scope to have a positive influence on the design of the product. Above all you will be the sort of person that likes to get on with people and to 'get things done' in a Project Team environment. Your work will require travel in the UK, and occasionally abroad. You will be expected to be a team player and to work in an ethical and professional manner at all times with both colleagues and customers.
You will develop into a specialist in our Access manufacturing applications, which covers:
- 1. Supply Chain functions, such as order processing, stock, MRPII, production control, traceability, procurement.
- 2. Finance functions, such as Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Nominal Ledger, Cashbook & Payroll.
3. 3rd party complementary products such as Crystal reports
Day-to-day, you will:
- Deliver software implementation project to cost, to time, to standard.
- Map out business processes, documenting the client's business, what it does, how it does it, identifying key issues, etc.
- Train the client's project team subjects for training include application software, system administration, report writing and form design.
- Build and pilot a system, working with the client's project team to configure and trial the system, including form design, reporting and user procedures.
- Identify and resolve issues, owning the delivery of the solution and must escalate issues to the relevant people (within Access and the client) to ensure the project is a success.
- To plan and facilitate the delivery of projects In conjunction with the client, and the Access Consultant Manager you will support the creation of Project Terms of Reference documents and contribute to the delivery of the project according to the agreed plan, ensuring that the key project documentation is kept up to date.
- Build and develop good working relationships. Contribute to the improvement of departmental processes.
- In the client environment, you will be expected to coach and facilitate their project team members.
- To learn the software and ensure you are always aware of new functionality.
- Where software improvements have been identified, you will be expected to create specifications for solutions that meet best practice as well as specific client needs.
- Timely and accurate time recording & project documentation. Recording of time spent on project activity for billing purposes. Creation and sign off of Site Visit Reports for each visit you carry out.
- Interact with may other stakeholders in the business linked into the various products you will be supporting.
As a well-rounded Consultant, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
- Scope to learn 5-10 supporting products, giving opportunities for personal development.
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.