- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2022
- Job Ref: J7374
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
APS is the leading provider of Practice Engagement Solutions to Australia and New Zealand’s top 500 Accounting Firms and we are now part of The Access Group.
We are looking for a highly motivated Intermediate Software Engineer with minimum 3 years of commercial experience to help with the development of our next generation cutting edge products. Working in the Ledger+ team, you’ll be working building out a greenfield accounting ledger product while also continuing to build out the existing application integrations.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and scale API endpoints with serverless in a micro service architecture.
- Writing and releasing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Integration of data storage solutions.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years of commercial experience
- Experience with Node and TypeScript essential
- Experience in AWS will be valued (including knowledge of AWS Lambda)
- Strong knowledge and workable experience with development, integration, and deployment of Restful API
- Exposure to GraphQL and why it can be useful
- The ability to learn new tools and techniques.
- Development of data models and systems both relation and non-relational data stores.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and software development best practices such as unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration.
- Very strong grounding in healthy development practices, including but not limited to Git flow, test driven development, integration testing, MVP application development, scrum and following user centric, metric driven approach.
- Experience facing the challenges of building software as a service, including deploying and maintaining software at scale
- Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages, frameworks and paradigms
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- 25-days of leave each year through Annual and Wellbeing Leave
- 12-weeks Paid Parental Leave at full salary for new parents
- 3-days Giving Back Days
- A region-wide Employee Assistance Program
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.