- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 29 July 2022
- Job Ref: J6810
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We are passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That is why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
This position is for a Mid Level Software Engineer to be part of a growing development team. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be influential in the design and enhancement of Access Products and Services.
You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards to ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company. You will be expected to contribute to planning sessions as well as help with the technical evolution of our products.
• Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures dev standards are established, known and followed within agile team.
• Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria
• Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
• Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
• Implementation and/or management of CI Pipelines, build tooling, and environments and management/execution of Production releases
• Management of/contribution towards effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches
• Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
• Ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate
As a well-rounded Software Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• A passion for software and technology
• Quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts
• High standard of written and spoken English
• Open and collaborative style
• Problem solver
• Creative and innovative
• Can commit to delivering and maintaining high standards
• Manage time efficiently and effectively
• Pragmatic, competitive and driven to continuous learn/improve
• Development and deployment of Enterprise SaaS solutions.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!