- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 21 October 2023
- Job Ref: J9283
Join the Access Family and see how we make soft ware ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things bett er every day and help us continue to grow. Are you ready for the challenge?
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand our customers’ business needs – from the Hospitality sector to the Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit or Construction plus many more.
In Romania, we are proud to have more than 350 tech and software business specialists working in Timisoara and around the country and we are not stopping here.
• You can communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approaches, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience.
• You write clear & self-documenting code and organize methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
• You can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps, and potential areas of confusion
• You can follow pre-defined source control procedures, commit and merge code, dealing with conflicts.
• You can efficiently prove the source of defects and demonstrate unit tests and integration testing for eventual pathways following the proposed fix.
• You play an active role in sprint planning and management, making recommendations in planning in terms of capacity, priorities, risks, or blockers.
• You have a good understanding of QA best practices.
• You can contribute to the setting up of a development environment, and you have a good working knowledge of build and deployment steps.
• You are aware of trending design patterns in the technologies you work in and can select the best design pattern for the job in hand, articulating to others why this has been chosen.
• You strive for success, are keen to learn and develop, are collaborative with a can-do attitude, and can build positive relationships.
• Continuous Delivery, Automated Deployment using Azure
Day-to-day, you will:
• Actively promote a quality focussed approach
As a well-rounded Software Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
Technologies & Tools:
- C# ASP.NET (Web Forms) & ASP.NET Core
- Web API, Web Forms, LINQ, Entity Framework, Dapper, Async/Await, Dependency Injection, NuGet
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc…
- T-SQL – Writing, refactoring and optimising T-SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Visual Studio
- Git-based Source Control
- Automated Build (CI) and Deployments (CD) with Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Redgate Tools
- CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc)
- Automated Testing Frameworks & Tools
- Azure DevOps
- APM Frameworks – e.g. NewRelic / Azure AppInsights
- Domain Driven Design and LanguageExt concepts like “Option”, “Either”, “TryAsync”
What does Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work-life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits