- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 04 October 2023
- Job Ref: J9687
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
- You can communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience.
- You write clear & self-documenting code, organises methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
- You can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps and potential areas of confusion
- Ability to lead others with potentially interest for line management responsibilities
- You can follow pre-defined source control procedure, committing and merging code, dealing with conflicts.
- You can efficiently prove the source of defects and demonstrate unit tests and integration testing for eventual pathways following the proposed fix.
- You play an active role in sprint planning and management, making recommendations in planning in terms of capacity, priorities, risks or blockers.
- You have a good understanding of QA best practice.
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensure dev standards are established, known and followed within Scrum team.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
- Proactively contribute to Technical Roadmap, demonstrating good understanding of technical, commercial and risk factors, and recommending priorities.
- Management of effective CI Pipeline and source control
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
- Champion a quality focussed approach showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
- AngularJS, experience in Angular.io would be beneficial
- Semantic HTML
- Azure DevOps
- JSON API’s
What does Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits