Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
At the core our stack is Node, React and GraphQL. These are the key skills we're looking for. Our mobile applications are written in Flutter, we have both iOS and Android applications, so a production level, working understanding of building and submitting to both app stores would be essential. Experience with Typescript, MySQL, Serverless and AWS (ECS/Lambda/Dynamo) would be beneficial, as we make extensive use of these technologies. We also use Python for our machine learning stack.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Work in a multi-functional agile team to enhance, scale and extend our product.
• Participate in data-driven, democratic discussions on product features, technical design sessions, planning and bug bashes.
• Work according to Agile principles and participate in stand-ups, sprints and retrospectives.
• Fully own the development of features from definition to deployment, prioritising your own sub-tasks and pulling in others as appropriate.
• Help to ensure adequate test coverage, load testing and performance monitoring.
• Mentor junior engineers through collaboration and code review.
• Demo your work to the rest of the company occasionally.
As a well-rounded [role}, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• You’re passionate about technology
• You have experience building products for the web, and have an awareness of technologies across the stack.
• You care deeply about building reliable, well-tested systems.
• You enjoy solving problems and automating responses for recurrent issues.
• You thrive in a culture of code review
• You have some experience leading projects and mentoring junior engineers
• You have played a key role in the design, implementation and deployment of one or more successful enterprise systems.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.