Senior Technical Support Engineer - Proclaim (IC3)
We're growing our Technical support team. Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are excited about working for a best in class, fast growing Software house and solve business-critical problems for our customers. You have strong analytical and problem solving skills and are a creative thinker. You are passionate about software and its potential to move organizations forward through innovation. You also have the desire to help your customers by giving them a celebrity service!
Day-to-day, you will:
• Help our customers with questions and allow them to get the most out of our software by resolving their queries in accordance with our Premier Milestones (SLA’s)
• Provide high-level customer service via Case comments, Chat or Telephone
• Work flexibly in order to cover some out of hours work
• Writing, editing, and revising Knowledge Base articles in line with KCS methodology documenting Premier client custom configuration
• Take initiative and support continuous improvement of your portfolio of customers by proactively identifying case trends, researching potential challenges, and creating solutions.
• Liaise with the development team to ensure fixes meet client expectations.
• Deputise for Team Leader or other Senior Technical Support Engineer when absent
As a well-rounded Senior Technical Support Engineer (IC3), your Skills and Experiences will include:
• A working knowledge of Progress database administration.
• Take on complex customer escalations and manage through to resolution
• Work with Product Managers and Support Management to suggest enhancements that help customers get more value from their solutions and improve support cost-to-serve
• Responsible for troubleshooting, isolating a root cause and providing a resolution to customers critical technical issues and providing Root Cause Analysis, as required.
• Replicate customer technical environment in Support to recreate customer issues.
• Assist less experienced team members in writing Knowledgebase (KB) articles on resolutions to be shared with the customers and internal stakeholders in line with KCS methodology
• Training - involved in formulating strategy for product training (creating content and delivering courses) and assisting with the onboarding of Technical Support Engineers into the Premier Pod
• Involved in conducting post rollout testing and provide structured feedback to drive product improvements
• Support Customer events/focus groups/relationships with key clients
• Work with internal stakeholders including CSMs to devise and deliver Customer Success
• Webinar content to assist with team/company deflection targets
• Delivers training / coaching sessions to the team
• Suggests improvements to troubleshooting processes
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain