Back to Job Search
Senior Software Engineer - Education Finance
- Location: Timişoara
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 21 days ago
- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 11 June 2023
- Job Ref: J8679
Senior Full Stack .NET Developer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
This position is for a Senior Full Stack .NET Developer to be part of an existing team.
You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given timelines and are comfortable in an Agile Scrum environment, where colleagues often work in different locations and with small time zone differences. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company. You will be expected to contribute to planning sessions, solution design, and contribute to the technical evolution of products.
• Will be an accomplished Senior Full Stack .NET developer building high quality software predominantly using Microsoft based middle-tier and back-end technologies, built on the .NET Framework, .NET Core and MS SQL Server databases. You will also be familiar with using HTML/JS/CSS that runs cross-browser on the client side.
• Will use modern techniques to build accessible, scalable, and evolvable APIs that are robust and stand the test of time.
• Will demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan Dev sprint/release activities, prioritising according to risk and changes in delivery schedule.
• Will display ownership, responsibility, and good decision-making, and will be able to coach and co-ordinate team-mates to achieve project deliverables.
• Will have a good understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
• Will have the ability to manage and fully automate deployments of products and their dependencies across multiple physical and logical environments.
• Will have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
• Will have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain and also improve our high quality standards.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
• Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results through your individual contribution.
• Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk, and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
• Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders on deliverables and approach.
• Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements.
• Identify, compartmentalise, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary.
• Be able to analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
• Understand, identify and adhere to our preferred design patterns, coding standards and definition of done.
• Help ensure agreed agile delivery process and approach is followed, including estimation/planning, Scrum activities, release and project management.
• Report to Development Lead and Head of Development on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
• Creation of technical documentation where required. • Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded Senior Full Stack ASP.NET Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Technologies & Tools:
• C# ASP.NET (Web Forms) & ASP.NET Core
• Web API, Web Forms, LINQ, Entity Framework, Dapper, Async/Await, Dependency Injection, Nuget
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc…
• T-SQL – Writing, refactoring and optimising T-SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
• Internet Information Services (IIS)
• Visual Studio 2019 or 2022
• Git-based Source Control
• Automated Build (CI) and Deployments (CD) with Azure DevOps Pipelines
• Desirable Experience:
• Redgate Tools
• CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc)
• Automated Testing Frameworks & Tools
• Azure DevOps
• Azure PaaS Services
• Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
• APM Frameworks – e.g. NewRelic / Azure AppInsights
• Domain Driven Design and LanguageExt concepts like “Option”, “Either”, “TryAsync”
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
• Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
• Work - life balance
• Hybrid/Remote working
• Flexible working hours
• Competitive salary package