- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 13 December 2023
- Job Ref: J10186
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Access Health, Support & Care is one the fastest growing divisions within the company, with several best-of-breed solutions for the market. Underpinned by Access Workspace technology, we are building a game-changing Health, Support & Care ecosystem that makes a real positive difference to our clients and their clients, and we want you to be part of this exciting journey.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- An exciting opportunity to join a growing development team as a .NET full stack developer working on one of our core SaaS products
- Reporting to the Development Team Lead, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of roadmap features and technical enhancements to a high standard of quality and influential in the improvement of engineering processes and practices within the team
- Experience developing and deploying Enterprise SaaS solutions with knowledge of Azure, AWS or similar platforms
- You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do
- You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team
- You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment
- You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensure develop standards are established, known and followed within agile team.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria.
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools.
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability.
- Implementation and management of CI pipelines, build tooling, and environments and execution of Production releases.
- Contribution towards effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches.
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team.
- Champion a quality focussed approach including: good planning; branch strategy; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews; unit testing where appropriate; and collaboration with the QA team.
- Ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
As a well-rounded Senior Developer, you will:
- Be collaborative, pragmatic and able to communicate with, advise and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels. Demonstrate self-awareness and ability to adapt the message according to audience to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrate pro-active participation in requirements analysis by understanding the scope, risk and complexity of changes, highlighting omissions and gaps and constructively challenging and providing feedback.
- Write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read. Stay up to date with latest technology.
- Proactively contribute to the Technical Roadmap, demonstrating good understanding of technical, commercial and risk factors, and recommending priorities.
- Be able to quickly find the root cause of a bug throughout layers of the application, extrapolate from found bugs and identify other areas that might contain similar problems.
- Actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities including: code reviews, collaboration with QA, good planning, early discovery of defects, functional testing by developer before handover to QA, optimal running of regression periods and pro-active risk management.
- Co-ordinate, plan and manage sprint and release activities, prioritising according to risk and commercial factors. Take responsibility at a project level, identifying risks early and making decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of activities/deliverables autonomously.
- Implement and manage efficient CI pipelines for highly available distributed systems using appropriate tooling and scripting that includes the compilation, optimisation, testing and configuration of the various deployed resources.
- Understand the holistic solution, bidirectional dependencies, and be able to manage dependencies project wide. Able to raise risks before development is started.
- Demonstrate the architecting and management of highly available and scalable environment automation and configuration.
- Design and structure source code to reflect environments, ensure isolation and allow deployment of features without relying on line in the sand techniques.
- Have awareness of the common design patterns and select the best patterns for the job in hand. Organise methods and classes appropriately and demonstrates awareness of common security anti-patterns.
- Have awareness of evolution in various technologies you work in and understand how newer version of a technology can help you develop better software.
- Positively share product knowledge and champion the development being undertaken.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
• Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
• Work - life balance
• Hybrid/Remote working
• Flexible working hours
• Competitive salary package
• Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
• Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
• Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
• 7 Card Sport Allowance
• Meal tickets
• Referral Bonus
• Christmas Bonus
• Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
• Other benefits