Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life, Be you’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
An exciting role within the Legal division as a senior member of the team working on one of our core SaaS products. You will be working together with the squad lead and the BA to ensure the delivery of the roadmap, technical and quality deliverables of the team, whilst also supporting the junior members.
You will contribute to hands on coding and engineering processes within the team, whilst ensuring the team delivers projects, maintains technical and quality standards and is motivated and engaged. Quality and usability should be a first-class consideration, baked into the engineering process.
The product is SaaS, multi-tenanted application and the technology stack includes but not limited to SQL Server; C# and .NET Core 7+, TypeScript, Angular 16+, NgRx, Azure.
Key characteristics for this role: enthusiastic, solutions-focussed, pro-active, loves a challenge, pride in your codebase and the quality of your output, and adaptable.
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensure dev standards are established, known and followed within Scrum team.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
- Proactively contribute to Technical Roadmap, demonstrating good understanding of technical, commercial and risk factors, and recommending priorities.
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
- Champion a quality focussed approach showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA colleagues. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
You are collaborative and pragmatic. You can communicate with, advise, and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach, and strategic objectives. You demonstrate self-awareness and ability to adapt message according to audience to achieve positive results.
You write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple, and easy to read. You stay up to date with latest technology.
You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities.
You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, can identify risks early, understand overall project picture and makes decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously.
You keep abreast of technical developments in the industry and are aware of the evolution in the various technologies you work in.
You pro-actively seek to coach, guide and advise junior teammates; you demonstrate humility (understanding limits of knowledge) and strive to develop gaps in technical and soft skills; you demonstrate individual ownership and ownership of project and sprint deliverables within the team.
You demonstrate role model behaviours, remain optimistic and committed in the face of challenges and can adapt and flex with changing priorities.
Love Work. Love Life. #WeAreAccess
As a well-rounded Senior Engineer, you would have:
Demonstrable experience with the technologies used in the required product, requirements analysis and environments management.
Work experience as a member in a scrum team.
Demonstrable experience of owning and driving successful delivery of projects
What does Access offer you?
- We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for. We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun! What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family! Love Work. Love Life. Be You.