- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 13 December 2023
- Job Ref: J10059
Senior Software Engineer
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform. Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- SaaS Learning and Compliance platform with hundreds of thousands of users
- Full Stack C# .NET Developer with MVC/WebAPI
- Database tech includes SQL Server and NHibernate
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Delivery, Automated Deployment
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, throughout the various layers of the application
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary
- Contribute to management of effective CI Pipeline and source control
- Support the team's deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies and basic risk management
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach
- You can communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience.
- You write clear & self-documenting code, organises methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
- You can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps and potential areas of confusion
- You can follow pre-defined source control procedure, committing and merging code, dealing with conflicts.
- You can efficiently prove the source of defects and demonstrate unit tests and integration testing for eventual pathways following the proposed fix.
- You play an active role in task planning and management, making recommendations in planning in terms of capacity, priorities, risks or blockers.
- You have a good understanding of QA best practice.
- You can contribute to the setting up of a development environment, and you have good working knowledge of build and deployment steps.
- You are aware of trending design patterns in the technologies you work in and can select the best design pattern for the job in hand, articulating to others why this has been chosen.
- You strive for success, are keen to learn and develop, are collaborative with a can-do attitude, and can build positive relationships.
As a well-rounded Engineer, you will have:
- Demonstrable experience with similar technologies used in the required product.
- Work experience as a member in a scrum team or within an agile environment.
What does Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company